Anyone know how to create an "app"

CrazyCatLady

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I guess it is kinda creative.
I want to try and create an app! I hear of people doing it all the time. I'm not very computer minded but I gathered all I need is a good set of instructions and a clear idea in my head.
Anyone done anything like this or know how to?? Xxx

Eh ... well, while that might work, but I suspect the app you end up with is kinda limited. As a certified nerd, the comically slick guy in the video on the appsbar site makes me both chuckle and want to stick a fork in his knee-caps at the same time. :p

I've not created my own app yet, but I've read a little bit about it. Different phones use different programming languages for their apps. Android apps are written in Java while Apple iOS apps are written in Objective C. I believe there is a nice development environment for Android apps e.g. in the Eclipse IDE. I'm sure there is something similar for Apple iOS apps as well. Also worth noting is that many apps talk to a server, so then you would need a server and software on the server-side as well. But now I feel like I'm being a tad negative -- try the appsbar for now :)

Eh ... well, while that might work, but I suspect the app you end up with is kinda limited. As a certified nerd, the comically slick guy in the video on the appsbar site makes me both chuckle and want to stick a fork in his knee-caps at the same time. :p

I've not created my own app yet, but I've read a little bit about it. Different phones use different programming languages for their apps. Android apps are written in Java while Apple iOS apps are written in Objective C. I believe there is a nice development environment for Android apps e.g. in the Eclipse IDE. I'm sure there is something similar for Apple iOS apps as well. Also worth noting is that many apps talk to a server, so then you would need a server and software on the server-side as well. But now I feel like I'm being a tad negative -- try the appsbar for now :)

You just said a whole load of words that I don't know.
Maybe I should just wait for someone else to invent it :-(
Or perhaps it's already out there and iv just not found it / it was rubbish and didn't work out xxx

my old friend from school had taught himself to write apps, and I came up with the idea of a fake geiger counter, so that people could go around pretending that things were radioactive....but he did a search, and found someone had come up with an app for that...

You just said a whole load of words that I don't know.
Sorry :(
Maybe I should just wait for someone else to invent it :-(
Or perhaps it's already out there and iv just not found it / it was rubbish and didn't work out xxx
If you have a dream, follow the dream! Don't let grumpy nerds get in your way :)

Must be. I surely cannot be the first to have thought of it. Though I did come up with an idea for something a few years ago, did some research into patenting it...someone else had beat me to it by 6 months! Xxx
Ideas are important! If you have a good idea, but not the skills to develop it, you could always try to find someone else who might be interested in developing it. Were you hoping to make money on the app, or is it just the fame you're after? If it's money, it could be hard to find someone you could trust not to take your idea and run. But if it's just the fame, it might be easier.