Any knitters out there?

Would it be ok if I posted crochet projects/questions in here, or should I start a new thread?

What the hell, go crazy. :p
I want to knit my mother a tee or tank toppy-thing for her birthday using some awesome hemp yarn I bought a while ago. It's worsted weight. I'm having a hard time finding a pattern that is not too 'racy', but also won't bore me to tears. This is kinda cute http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring07/PATTisabella.html , but uses a thinner yarn. Hmm. To the Ravelry!!

Once I finish my twisty rainbow scarf I'm crocheting as part of the Rainbow Scarf Project for the United Church of Christ General Synod, I will post pictures. I saw some twisty scarves at a thrift store. I looked at them, figured out how they had added and dropped stitches while hand-crocheting, and I decided to do my own. The first one I made was with black yarn and a black/white/blue/pink variegated yarn. I wanted a test scarf for a new method.

My complete lack of color sense is really getting on my nerves. I think I get the right colors and then they aren't. I wanted a very simple project but I think I'll have to restart it with different colors. :mad:

*resuscitates knitting thread*

This took ages, second proper thing I have knit. I know it needs tidying up (have to poke in all of the loose threads) but well I couldn't resist since it took a good 6 months of on-and-off knitting to produce! Made from cotton :) Has a lovely homemade feel (read: I made lots of mistakes). :D

Attachments

• DSCF7805.JPG
    DSCF7805.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 209
  • DSCF7806.JPG
    DSCF7806.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 204

This took ages, second proper thing I have knit. I know it needs tidying up (have to poke in all of the loose threads) but well I couldn't resist since it took a good 6 months of on-and-off knitting to produce! Made from cotton :) Has a lovely homemade feel (read: I made lots of mistakes). :D

Ooh, those are *great* colors! I love it!!

Those look great,SR!:cool: I like the handmade quality..So cute!

I am interested but don't know how.:(

Very nice, Summer...wish I didn't give up on my efforts to produce something worthwhile. I get so defeated and then just give up.

You did a really nice job! :)

...wish I didn't give up on my efforts to produce something worthwhile. I get so defeated and then just give up.
If you know you do a good job you shouldn't give up,Karen.:) Do the projects take too long and then you just loose interest?

Yes, I think that's part of it. I can't seem to sit still for longer than 20-30 minutes, either. So I don't get to see much progress fast enough.

The other thing is I don't find it comfortable working the knitting needles. I'm awkward at it.

Yes, I think that's part of it. I can't seem to sit still for longer than 20-30 minutes, either. So I don't get to see much progress fast enough.

The other thing is I don't find it comfortable working the knitting needles. I'm awkward at it.
Maybe you could find a different type of project besides knitting.I really like the knitting stuff but isn't something like sewing faster?Especially, if you have a machine.

But if you like the results you get with the knitting I would just stick with it anyway.If it takes you a long time it's worth it because the stuff is so pretty.

Maybe you could find a different type of project besides knitting.I really like the knitting stuff but isn't something like sewing faster?Especially, if you have a machine.
Haha if you only knew! I have a brand new sewing machine still in the box that I've never used, lol. It's been at least 5 years now. I almost sold it a few months ago but the buyer changed their mind.

A few more posts and I think you are going to have me all figured out when it comes to creative endeavors, lol. :)

Thanks guys!

I liked knitting the blanket because knitting up each square was quick - I used really chunky cotton and my largest needles. You could even do each square different (pattern/colours/etc) to keep it interesting :)

Everleigh, I found it much easier to learn knitting from a person than book/online, I only started last November, my mum and nans helped me but you could always look for a knitting group where people will no doubt be happy to help - once you learn the basics it's just practice :)

Reactions: PTree15
Haha if you only knew! I have a brand new sewing machine still in the box that I've never used, lol. It's been at least 5 years now. I almost sold it a few months ago but the buyer changed their mind.
So,it sounds like maybe you get too distracted with other things.Apparently, you have been distracted for 5 years?:lol:
Everleigh, I found it much easier to learn knitting from a person than book/online, I only started last November, my mum and nans helped me but you could always look for a knitting group where people will no doubt be happy to help - once you learn the basics it's just practice :)

SR,I'm not sure I could find a knitting group around here.But I'll take a look and see if I can find any.

I want to knit a basket of fruit for my dietitian cuz she's awesome for putting up with me. :D

Finished this had last week:

IMG_20130729_121011_610_medium2.jpg

I want to knit a basket of fruit for my dietitian cuz she's awesome for putting up with me. :D

Finished this had last week:

IMG_20130729_121011_610_medium2.jpg
That's cute,Scorpius!I wouldn't wear it though as I'm not much of a hat girl myself but it looks good on you!
:) Love the pattern!

Hmm can anybody help with a quick question please? If something says "knit 8 rows" does it mean eight back and forth, or four back and forth?

I.e. is a row just knitting from one end to the other, or knitting along and then back to where you started?

Hmm can anybody help with a quick question please? If something says "knit 8 rows" does it mean eight back and forth, or four back and forth?

I.e. is a row just knitting from one end to the other, or knitting along and then back to where you started?

Four back and four fourth, so there is a total of eight. If you are doing stockinette stitch it will be:

(RS) K 1 row
(WS) P 1 row
K 1 row
P 1 row
K 1 row
P 1 row
K 1 row
P 1 row

Reactions: SummerRain
Ah thank you! I tried to google it but I think it was such a basic question it was assumed to be obvious :oops:.