Any knitters out there?

Scorpius, love the fruits!

Here is another hat I just finished. My first-ever pom poms :D

276ac7f96b8228fde04ebafd10c7778f_zpsb909fd25.jpg

I promised my mom I would donate five hats made by me to her library fundraiser. I have two more to make by the end of October.

That is very clever ! I have always loved berets as they look so elegant.

Reactions: PTree15
Thank you, shyvas. Me, too. I just love hats. It's a good thing I am donating these to my mom's library book sale, lol. I have too many hats as it is. :D

Is anybody else knitting christmas gifts? My fiance wanted a cable knit scarf so I thought I'd knit him one, found some beautiful green yarn (cotton) but I've re-started the cable three times now because I want it to be perfect. Sigh I'm doing it in the evenings he's at work, so I'm probably a bit tired too.

Still, when I finish, it will be nice I think.

It's still only half done! I have been so busy, and there's a few small mistakes but non-knitters wont know, I don't think :p The colour is better in the first one but you can see the pattern (and the mistakes!) better in the second.

DSCF7943.JPG

DSCF7944.JPG

Oooh SummerRain that scarf is lovely! I've never tried cables, I'm rather intimidated by them... are they very difficult to do?

I made my first ever pair of mittens!

Oh and of course crochet is welcome here! I just started learning how to crochet... only dishcloths so far lol

Attachments

• Mittens.jpg
    Mittens.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 203
I like the colours, they look really good :)

I love cables and they aren't difficult at all, if you can knit rib (and I see some on those mittens!) you can knit cable :yes:.

Reactions: PTree15 and Fyvel
Love the scarf Summer!

Fyvel, great job on the mittens!

Reactions: Fyvel
Cables are pretty easy. When my mom showed me how to do them, I was like, That's it? Seriously, give it whirl, Fyvel. Your mittens look great! As does your scarf, SummerRain! Great job, you guys.

Reactions: SummerRain
I was wondering what kind of yarn do you knitters use ?

I used to knit a lot but have given up, due to how expensive yarn is nowadays.

I just gave away my yarn and needles. I’m hopeless.
:(

I kept a little yarn for my cats to play with.

I was wondering what kind of yarn do you knitters use ?

I used to knit a lot but have given up, due to how expensive yarn is nowadays.
I use mostly acrylics and some plant-based yarns like bamboo and cotton.

Reactions: Val
I like cotton and bamboo yarn. However, acrylic makes me sweat.;)
I used to knit with wool which makes me now shudder.
Acrylic clothes, in general, may be very useful, when the weather is cold (frosty). E.g., at school i made very dense acrylic socks, and i was skiing in those socks, even when it was -20°C. You right though: in certain conditions acryl makes me sweat too. But it was my favourite type of yarn when i was knitting (i have ditched it now which is very wrong,- i hope it's temporal). It's very easy to knit using acryl. I've always hated wearing wool. It was making me itch.o_O For now my favourite type of clothes is polyester one.:D

Acrylic clothes, in general, may be very useful, when the weather is cold (frosty). E.g., at school i made very dense acrylic socks, and i was skiing in those socks, even when it was -20°C. You right though: in certain conditions acryl makes me sweat too. But it was my favourite type of yarn when i was knitting (i have ditched it now which is very wrong,- i hope it's temporal). It's very easy to knit using acryl. I've always hated wearing wool. It was making me itch.o_O For now my favourite type of clothes is polyester one.:D

I've never made complicated things such as socks. I used to knit jumpers and hats.

Reactions: Val
I've never made complicated things such as socks. I used to knit jumpers and hats.
I've never made socks or a sweater. I would love to attempt a sweater.

Oh, and I finished my latest ear warmer.
20190315_141247.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52