Animal products in industrial manufacturing?

In a similar vein, I know that many types of glue that are used in running shoes are from animal products. And I choose to research that and look for vegan running shoes. There are running shoes that don't use leather but most of the manufacturers aren't even sure of the source of their glues and resins. I try to buy shoes from the best sources I can but I'm also not going to worry about it too much.

I know you'r only using this as an example Lou, but we have a shop that sells vegan shoes in the UK. This is what they say about the glue they use:

We use different glue for different shoes & different factories. Some shoes like the Airseal have little glue in them, just some bits of rubber cement. Otherwise they are stitched and the soles are Heat-welded onto the shoe. Other styles will use mostly synthetic Contact-Cement type glue for the soles and some rubber ‘tacking’ glue. Most shoes use a plastic hot-melt glue for the toe-lasting process.

Also there are more water based glues being used in European Community factories now to reduce solvent emissions into the atmosphere. (Something factories in the far east do not have to comply with).

They ship worldwide if you are interested.

Reactions: Lou
The devices we're all using to post here have some sort of animal derivitive, so there's that....
The idea is to move forward in the best possible way. Almost every medical procedure, drugs....has come about through the use of incredibly unethical methods, in humans as well as other animals. Are you going to ask if someone can be vegan because they utilize them?

Being vegan is about making changes, not personal validation

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou