American food policies in occupied Germany post-WWII

I have no problem with giving preference to the victims of aggressors, even when the aggressors were my own people. Aggressors should suffer consequences from their aggression.

Even if you consider civilians who supported the warfare that was done as aggressors, that still leaves a bit of people who will suffer because people above them made the decisions that led to all of that.

As far as the ban on care packages to Germany (I think that's what you are referring to with your reference to "aid that otherwise probably would not have been given anyone else"?), how much of a difference do you think private aid packages would have made if the food shortage was as dire as RF1 would like to believe?

It's not as much what difference it would have been made as it is about principles.

Even if you consider civilians who supported the warfare that was done as aggressors, that still leaves a bit of people who will suffer because people above them made the decisions that led to all of that.

Sure. Life isn't fair. But maybe it will give people an incentive to get off their asses and vote, and otherwise stand up for their principles instead of voting in and following a homicidal lunatic.

It's not as much what difference it would have been made as it is about principles.

Not according to RF1, since he seems to be arguing that the Germans suffered especially in the aftermath of the war. They didn't. Everyone on whose land the war was fought had destroyed infrastructure, depleted food supplies, etc. Germany managed to regroup much better and more quickly than most.

My point is that you so desire an argument that you tend to loosely daisy-chain snippets of contradicting info in your retorts as if they somehow support a sweeping and absurd generalization you made before. Somehow we got from a dead Mandela to Raul Castro to the gov't and media conspiracy to never say forgive your enemies (when of course the only thing you hear about Mandela is that you should forgive your enemies, then onto a claim the no governments or people or planets forgive their enemies, then onto the post-war caloric intake of German interns. All of this from information that you clearly had no knowledge of before mad Googling during this thread just so you could make some point, and now you expect to be acknowledged as being in the know on every ridiculous thing you have claimed because of a single bit that you're obsessing on.

I can't wait until your next post. It'll probably be something about the Wiemar Republic's conspiracy with the media to put the second gunman on the grassy knoll. Go ahead and Google it. I'm sure you find something.
This may be the most ignorant post I've ever read. You obviously don't know what the word obsess means. I'd recommend a dictionary.

The reality that Mandela admired a Communist Dictatorship that caused so much misery to their citizens may be worthy of being talked about according to some of us. I had asked a simple question of whether people feel forgiving your enemies is a good thing. You brought up the Marshall Plan, and the conversaton changed after that. I do believe in responding to other people's posts.

We've had discussions about how well the Germans were treated in the past. It is from books(not Google) where I have gotten much of my information. Books like these:
http://www.amazon.com/Crimes-Mercie...BCM_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1387194484&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/OTHER-LOSSES-...BCM_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1387194484&sr=1-2
Several other books agree with his claims. Wikipedia(a mainstream source) agrees with his claims. The encyclopedia I have at home agrees with his claims. It's many different sources I get information from other than Google.

Reactions: nigel1
Sure. Life isn't fair. But maybe it will give people an incentive to get off their asses and vote, and otherwise stand up for their principles instead of voting in and following a homicidal lunatic.
He never got a majority of the votes.

The reality that Mandela admired a Communist Dictatorship that caused so much misery to their citizens may be worthy of being talked about according to some of us.

It's truly amazing how you can go from a position of complete ignorance on a subject (the discussion started when you questioned why R. Castro would attend Mandela's memorial service) to being an expert in less time than it takes a Mazarati to go from zero to sixty. There's a reason why the saying "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" came about.

He never got a majority of the votes.
You might find reading about parliamentary and other non-two party political systems instructive. Then, on the other hand, you might not take anything at all away from that.

Reactions: nigel1
There's a youtube video of Mandela and Castro together. You can gain knowledge very quickly when there's pictures and videos showing something happened.

We could always blame the system(Democracy) for allowing Hitler to become leader. We could blame all leaders involved in Wold War 1 for creating the circumstances that caused Hitler to become leader. We could blame von Papen or Hindenburg. Instead we'll blame those horrible Germans for voting for him, despite the reality that his vote total never reached 40% and his vote total skyrocketed when the economy suffered. History according to Mischief.

I suspect that history according to Mischief has just a wee bit more credibility than history according to RF1.

Some WWII-era Germans were probably really decent people. Some were very evil. A lot of them were probably caught up for the ride.

But I don't really see how the US is to blame for Europe's infrastructure and economy being in ruins after WWII.