AA Pilot Restrains Passenger

I think airlines need to start being more careful about how much alcohol they serve to passengers.

Obviously, the alcohol was a major factor here, in addition to the guy's questionable character, but it does seem that the time it takes before passengers are allowed to disembark is often a contentious issue. Passengers are concerned they won't make their connecting flights, and the crew is concerned with flight safety. I was once in that situation myself, where the flight was ridiculously delayed to the point where I would have to sprint if I wanted to attempt catching my next flight. I got up and got my things out of the overhead storage while the plane was taxing, but then I sat down again to avoid any unnecessary confrontation with the cabin crew. (I would have made that connection if it weren't for an overzealous customs inspector at JFK who decided I looked suspicious and after much delay proudly confiscated an illegal apple from my bags ...)

Another time we were flying from Havana to Toronto, and a Swedish family dad got himself in trouble over the same issue. The pilot refused to allow anyone to disembark before this guy returned to his seat, which he refused until it was clear his approach was doomed.