A well rounded discussion?

IOW, "If someone gets irritated by discussions that go in circles, or people being sexist, racist or otherwise bigoted, let's dismiss them by saying they don't like their ideas being challenged."

I find this a very bigoted post.

Actually, no I don't, but if I call it bigoted, and say I'm irritated by bigoted posts, it neatly manages to short circuit the discussion based on merits. If one wants to end a discussion prematurely, while implying that one's opponent is wrong, it's a great way to do so.

I find this a very bigoted post.

Actually, no I don't, but if I call it bigoted, and say I'm irritated by bigoted posts, it neatly manages to short circuit the discussion based on merits. If one wants to end a discussion prematurely, while implying that one's opponent is wrong, it's a great way to do so.

Well, we all have our individual level of tolerances for different kinds of bigotry. You, for example, have particularly low levels of tolerance for what you perceive to be bigotry against the poor, while others have low levels of tolerance for what they perceive to be misogyny.