A request from your admin

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
It would be cool if you didn't post all the "random" threads in The VIP Lounge since it's members-only, which means neither random visitors nor Google & friends will see it, which means the board appears rather less busy than it really is.

So please consider instead posting in The Lounge (which is public) unless the thread really is something you'd prefer to keep members-only.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
:up: You've made a very good point and I will certainly keep that in mind next time I post a "random" thread. In fact, I think my latest one, The Nostalgia Thread, could probably be moved to The Lounge forum. I don't think there's anything about it that has to be kept members only.

That's a good idea.

In other news, I read on someone's blog that the word burger, as in veggie burger, bean burger, etc is one of the most frequently googled veg things. So maybe I will start a burger thread now. :takes deep breath:

Starting threads is daunting.

Why is that Led ?:p

There are probably several threads in VIP Lounge that could be moved to The Lounge. To go along with the Tumblr thread, maybe the Internet thread?

I don't know, isn't it silly? I have anxiety over choosing which section, and to not make typos on the title...I like commenting but not so much starting my own. [Notice I just glommed on your thread instead of starting one after all.]:oops:

I would say that it really doesn't matter and threads can be easily moved by a mod. We all (especially me) make typo and spelling mistakes and I'm sure that nobody is going to make a fuss over this.

The most important thing is to participate and voice your interests and views. The more the merrier as they say....................:p

I would say that it really doesn't matter and threads can be easily moved by a mod. We all (especially me) make typo and spelling mistakes and I'm sure that nobody is going to make a fuss over this.

The most important thing is to participate and voice your interests and views. The more the merrier as they say....................:p

Agreed. If you're not sure your thread is in the right forum, just ask a mod to move it to the appropriate one, and for typos in the thread title, just ask a mod to fix it. No biggie. :)

oh I like attention....I'm really a frustrated performer......sort of.......but too many people watching can be daunting, sometimes.

Reactions: Freesia
I kind of like being on stage. i think i was bred for the stage. I am not sure I have much stage presence though, I am kind of wispy.

I think it's good to start new threads. I don't mind doing it. I want to get engaging discussions going about different topics. I want this board to be active and not only attract new members, but also maintain the attention and interest of current members.

I think it's good to start new threads. I don't mind doing it. I want to get engaging discussions going about different topics. I want this board to be active and not only attract new members, but also maintain the attention and interest of current members.

That's the same reason I start threads, too. Especially when nobody else does it and I get bored with the same 'ol threads. :p

Reactions: thefadedone
I get at least 2-3 ideas a week for threads and that's as far as I get, obviously. :p
There's something very, very sad about a new thread with no responses. :(
:D

I get at least 2-3 ideas a week for threads and that's as far as I get, obviously. :p
There's something very, very sad about a new thread with no responses. :(
:D
That happens occasionally to my threads. But I really don't care! I just take it as further evidence that I'm marching to a different beat, that I'm unique and original to the point where other people can't follow me sometimes :p

Edit: Also, if you feel a responsibility to help the community, then replying to those threads with no responses is one thing you can do. There is a link under the Forums menu called Unanswered Threads to help identify such threads.

That happens occasionally to my threads. But I really don't care! I just take it as further evidence that I'm marching to a different beat, that I'm unique and original to the point where other people can't follow me sometimes :p
Oh yeah, that would be me, lol. :)

Edit: Also, if you feel a responsibility to help the community, then replying to those threads with no responses is one thing you can do. There is a link under the Forums menu called Unanswered Threads to help identify such threads.
I didn't know about the link. I'll try it out. Sometimes I would try and reply when I stumbled across such threads, even if it was just a smiley of some sort, if I couldn't think of something helpful to say.

ETA: No unanswered threads in the last seven days! :)

Oh yeah, that would be me, lol. :)

I didn't know about the link. I'll try it out. Sometimes I would try and reply when I stumbled across such threads, even if it was just a smiley of some sort, if I couldn't think of something helpful to say.

ETA: No unanswered threads in the last seven days! :)

I answered the only one that was sitting there. I try to answer them if I don't forget.:p