US A Florida Man....

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I use the Google News Reader. I've used other news readers but this one really works well. I've customized mine* but also it learns about the news you like. For instance if you click on news stories about coffee a lot it presents to you more news stories about coffee.

late night comedians have made jokes about A Florida Man. Last Week Tonight and the Daily Show both have had long segments on A Florida Man. I always thought it was just a joke. However, lately a day doesn't go by that I don't get a headline in my reader starting with A Florida Man**. Now that Florida has Gaetz, Greenberg, and Piney Point I may be clicking on more Florida based articles***. Or maybe there just really is a lot of bad/sad or funny Florida news.

I know some of you guys live in Florida. I actually like Florida. My parents retired there and while they were alive I went there every year on my vacation. So I'm not picking on Florida. but what do you guys think? is it just my news reader? or is A Florida Man a real phenomenon?

* I've customized my news reader to look for local news, vegan news, 49er news and Netflix news.

** Today was different. It was a Florida Woman who was sentenced for coughing on a cancer patient

*** of Gaetz, Greenberg, and Piney Point - which one is the biggest disaster? :)

OK. now this...

A Florida woman who claimed she was Harry Potter has been arrested in connection with a hit-and-run crash that killed a federal judge and injured a six-year-old boy, authorities said.

My wife's comment: One would have thought she could have magiced herself out of that.
:rolleyes:

I live in Florida and I love it here but there are way too many idiots! :D Once that "Florida man" thing started, it became a trend and now the media jumps on anything slightly out of the ordinary happening in Florida!

So I'm still not sure that my News Reader isn't partially to blame. These stories are getting national coverage - for the most part my feeder isn't picking up this stuff from the Miami Herald or the Sun-Sentinel. I'm assuming that three are plenty of weird-*** stories that happened, and got some national exposure, that my feeder does not display.

Saw this in my NewsFeed yesterday but hadn't realized that this was in Florida. Although the villain of the story is a Florida Man, the hero is a Florida Girl.

I was never a fan of Law and Order SVU. Can't stand Stabler. But L&O is one of my guilty pleasures.
Although... come to think of it.... is binge watching SVU with your daughter a good idea?
Well, it was in this case.

If this was an episode of SVU, Stabler would have arrested the good guy black neighbor and asked questions later. Come to think of it... this is The South... He probably was arrested.

Doorbell videos are the best crime fighting device. Probably a lot more important than the Blue Slime.

• Wow
Reactions: Second Summer
So as far I can figure this out....

John Kuczwanski, a Florida government official, was killed in a road rage incident near his home.

According to some sources, his BMW drifed into the lane of a Prius. Both cars pulled into a parking lot and while waiting for the police, Mr. Kuczwanski, rammed the Prius and fired a shot into the Prius. The driver of the Prius returned fire and Mr. Kuczwanski was killed.

The local TV news investigated and found that Mr. Kuczwanski had been involved in another road rage incident nearby in 2014. in that incident he pointed a gun at someone but no shots were fired. He was charged and pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors.

May you live in interesting times

- An ancient Chinese curse

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

The scuttlebutt is that sometime this week the NY State DA is going to submit an arrest warrant for Donald Trump (1). I think everyone hopes that Trump surrenders himself peacefully.

The general consensus is that he won't.

That alone is worrisome. But even worse, Trump is asking for protestors to hit the street (2). One Maga hat influencer is calling for a "Patriot moat" around Mar-a-lago. “Stop the Steal” leader Ali Alexander suggested “100,000 patriots” should “shut down all routes to Mar-a-Lago.” (3)

Another concern is that a few years back doing the whole BLM thing, Desantos signed a bill into law that would allow cars to hit protestors (4). This particular law has never been tested but I'm not looking forward to people testing it.

Another possibility is that the staff at Mar-a-Lago, sick of constantly having to testify to grand juries, form a mosh pit, from the hotel to the Atlantic, and dump Trump's *** into the sea. Hopefully just in time for the sargassum blob to hit Florida (5).

My advice to our Florida members is to implement their hurricane evacuation plan. Grab that Go-Bag and start driving north. And don't stop till you hit Maryland. You don't want a ringside seat to the beginning of the next Civil War. Or to get stuck on the wrong side of the Confederate States - Union border (5).

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

1. - Trump Claims His Arrest Is Imminent and Calls for Protests, Echoing Jan. 6
2. - Trump predicts imminent arrest, calls for protests
3. - Officials Prep for Protests as MAGA Sycophants Push ‘Patriot Moat’ Around Mar-a-Lago
4. - Florida’s Trump-Loving Governor Just Made It OK to Hit Protesters With Your Car
5. - How the Second Civil War Could Start

• Informative
Reactions: Brian W
My post above has gotten no comments.
I'm going to move it to US Politics and see if it does any better.

This just happened where I live.
Of course the woman who was arrested was from Florida.

;)

(KRON) — A Florida woman will be criminally charged in San Mateo County after a Kim Kardashian-lookalike model apparently died from botched silicone injections.

Last edited:
Not a good day for A Florida Man.

Story #1.

If this guy died we could posthumously nominate him for a Darwin Award

Story #2

Well, this guy did die. but we don't know if he did anything stupid first.
However the reporter loses points for using an oxymoron: Humanely Killed
oh not the Florida Man but the alligator.