South $72 Million House For Sale !

I've been a homeowner for some time now. I suppose I can imagine someone wanting such an extravagant dwelling... maybe. But knowing what I know from experience?... that owning a home even as modest as mine is great, but the maintenance is sort of like a second part-time job?...

NO.

THANKS.

I wouldn't have time for vacations. Although I suppose I could visit one of the unused areas of my house for a week or two every now and then... Hey, there you go! A place like this is perfect for taking staycations! NOW I understand!

No, seriously, that place looks so huge, it almost needs to issue its own passports.

Reactions: KLS52
I don't know, but the idea came to my mind a while ago, that if you had such a big house, you would pay someone to manage it; a house manager sort of thing that arranges all the repairs....maybe there are companies that you can pay who manage rich people's houses...?

I don't know, but the idea came to my mind a while ago, that if you had such a big house, you would pay someone to manage it; a house manager sort of thing that arranges all the repairs....maybe there are companies that you can pay who manage rich people's houses...?

Oh I have no doubt that all the celebrities and filthy rich people with huge mansions have teams of higher helped.

I suppose so... I was still thinking of that house in terms of my own lifestyle. I hadn't even thought about hiring someone to take care of it, although from the looks of the place that would probably be one of the minor expenses.

ETA: I just re-read Shyvas' earlier post which mentioned that Celine Dion has two other houses. Besides the effort needed to take care of so many possessions, I do agree with everybody who mentioned that it's beyond extravagantly wasteful. But again, I have to wonder: when does someone have the time to enjoy what they have when they have so much? Maybe real estate makes sense for her as an investment option.

Last edited:
Reactions: thefadedone
My apartment has just one bathroom, and no reflecting pool.

Well there you go...that makes all the difference! I can buy it now. :)

I've always wanted a house that I could ride a bicycle inside. One with rooms I've never been in.

...but then one day I'd probably ride my bike too far, get lost, attacked by a roving pack of wolves in a hallway, and end up having to live off the charity of the illegal alien families I'd find squatting in the east wing until I healed.
Once I was well enough I'd find occasional work as a migrant worker, living a life of joyous simplicity. But then I'd get romantically involved with the unwed sister of the despotic landlord of the rooms between the ballroom, the billiard parlor, the lap pool, and the north east atrium.
He wouldn't approve and it would lead to a lot of drama.

....Too much bother, I'm sticking to a smaller house.

I'd buy a house that big, if I had the money. Why? Because including the two guest houses, it has a total of 16 bedrooms. We have a total of three siblings and four elderly parents (both sets divorced) between us. And then we have a handful of close friends that travel for work, and need a home base that isn't unoccupied 50% of the time. And what about friends that want a nice Florida vacation, but don't want to leave their dogs at home?

Idk, bf's mom is sick, and if we could have her live with us and keep an eye on her, but she still get to keep her own independence by living in her own guest house, we would.

Unfortunately, we ain't rich, so my dreams of communal living will have to stay a dream. :p Also, not enough land.

Reactions: PTree15