South $72 Million House For Sale !

I think paying the interest alone would add a few more years to the time it took to pay that off.

I think paying the interest alone would add a few more years to the time it took to pay that off.

I was too busy with my own tax form to try and work it out. Can you believe that some people are so rich that they can buy homes for that price ?
She also has other homes in Canada and Nevada.

The monthly principle and interest payment on a $72M dollar home for 30 years at 4% would be $343,739.01. (not including property taxes and homeowners insurance).

Of course someone who could buy a $72M home, would probably pay in cash.

Reactions: KLS52
The monthly principle and interest payment on a $72M dollar home for 30 years at 4% would be $343,739.01. (not including property taxes and homeowners insurance).

Of course someone who could buy a $72M home, would probably pay in cash.

That is also what I was thinking. Can you imagine a customer asking his bank manager for a $72 m mortgage ?

Obscene. Really obscene.
no.gif

Wow. I can't even fathom having that kind of money to be able to afford a house like that. It looks more like a resort. How on earth could you ever get to every room in it?

Reactions: Tom L.
Wow. I can't even fathom having that kind of money to be able to afford a house like that. It looks more like a resort. How on earth could you ever get to every room in it?

I was actually thinking the same thing. I was wondering how many people could come up with that chunk of change to buy property and thought of the hotel industry.

Prehaps a retreat for retired vegans ? ;)

Blimey!

The running costs of a pile like that must be enough to pay off the entire national debt of one third world country every year?

I predict (not wish) that Ms Dione will be spending many kalpas in the realms of the hungry ghosts as karma for her extravagance there.

A kalpa is a long long time btw.

Buddha had not spoken about the exact length of the Maha-kalpa in number of years. However, he had given several astounding analogies to understand it.

1. Imagine a huge empty cube at the beginning of a kalpa, approximately 16 miles in each side. Once every 100 years, you insert a tiny mustard seed into the cube. According to the Buddha, the huge cube will be filled even before the kalpa ends.

2. Imagine a gigantic rocky mountain at the beginning of kalpa, approximately 16 x 16 x 16 miles (dwarfing Mt. Everest). You take a small piece of silk and wipe the mountain once every 100 years. According to the Buddha, the mountain will be completely depleted even before the kalpa ends.

In one situation, some monks wanted to know how many kalpas had died so far. The Buddha gave the analogy:

1. If you count the total number of sand particles at the depths of the Ganges river, from where it begins to where it ends at the sea, even that number will be less than the number of passed kalpas.

Reactions: Tom L. and Virpukka
People who are very, very famous and want privacy need places like this. No one could just wander onto this property by mistake; they would have to make a deliberate effort and it would not be easy. That is what they are buying into. And I'm guessing there aren't any 2-bedroom bungalows in the neighborhood.

No one "needs" that.
True, but I don't really "need" my cellphone or prescription sunglasses, but I sure like them. :D

Those huge houses are just awful, imo. I like snug places where the family hangs out, and I don't like to shop or buy things, so that monstrosity would not be a choice I would make! I'd get a little cottage on the beach if I were rich.