shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
http://www.care2.com/causes/5-ways-thieves-could-steal-your-dog.html

156604118.jpg

I see dogs tied up in front of shops all the time.

Oooooops Please read Steal in the thread title ! :(

I edited the title for you :)

It's a scary thought, I've never known anybody have a dog stolen, I wonder how common it is in the UK?

It's a scary thought, I've never known anybody have a dog stolen, I wonder how common it is in the UK?

Tx - 'steeling' a dog seems barbaric ! :p

I never leave my pet in my car as thieves are always on the look out for small breeds.

It's not safe for the dog anyway as even with the window cracked open it can get super hot in the car in no time and even kill the dog. So the possibility of theft is one more reason not to do it.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
It's not safe for the dog anyway as even with the window cracked open it can get super hot in the car in no time and even kill the dog. So the possibility of theft is one more reason not to do it.

During the Autumn and winter months it would be fine but as I have stated, I would never leave her in a car.

Pretty common.

Article forgets to mention another reason why they steal the dogs. They ransom them. They will wait until you put up missing posters then ring you saying they've found your dog and that they want x amount of money. It's why people should never put a reward on the poster.

Also, around here they go around casing out which houses have dogs and how easy it would be to steal the dog, then they put small stickers on the house and then other people go around in a van later in the day/next day looking for the stickers and they steal the dogs.

Pretty common.

Article forgets to mention another reason why they steal the dogs. They ransom them. They will wait until you put up missing posters then ring you saying they've found your dog and that they want x amount of money. It's why people should never put a reward on the poster.

Also, around here they go around casing out which houses have dogs and how easy it would be to steal the dog, then they put small stickers on the house and then other people go around in a van later in the day/next day looking for the stickers and they steal the dogs.

Usually the idea is to mention a reward on the Lost poster to entice people to provide information on the whereabouts of a lost pet. Cash does that to people. So are you saying don't even say REWARD on the poster, or just don't provide a specific amount of the reward?

Usually the idea is to mention a reward on the Lost poster to entice people to provide information on the whereabouts of a lost pet. Cash does that to people. So are you saying don't even say REWARD on the poster, or just don't provide a specific amount of the reward?

Don't do either. No mention of a reward. Because there have been cases of people who have found a dog (a lost one not one that was stolen) saw the word reward and got greedy.