5 Repulsive Ingredients in Your Perfume or Cologne

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Super gross! I only use natural oils, from the only good place in Winnipeg. They're one of only two natural perfumeries in Canada. It's super cool because they'll sit down with you and custom blend anything you want (or based on your personality) but my Amber smells exactly like me. My friend who passed away last year picked it out for me years ago and it'll always be perfect.

I've never been a big fan of perfumes/cologne. That being said I do like scented soaps. In my recent soap making endeavor I've stuck to essential oils/botanicals for the scent. I made some lavender/lime, lavender/rosemary and cedarwood/juniper soaps yesterday.

Funny thing about civet, I'd never heard of it before a few days ago. I was watching Pawn Stars... yeah I know, and Chumley bought some coffee for the old man. Yes civet coffee.

I've never been a big fan of perfumes/cologne. That being said I do like scented soaps. In my recent soap making endeavor I've stuck to essential oils/botanicals for the scent. I made some lavender/lime, lavender/rosemary and cedarwood/juniper soaps yesterday.

Funny thing about civet, I'd never heard of it before a few days ago. I was watching Pawn Stars... yeah I know, and Chumley bought some coffee for the old man. Yes civet coffee.

Whaaaaat???? :yuck:

I only wear Lush perfumes. They don't have any of that crap in them. All the ingredients are listed on their website, and are clickable to go to descriptions of what they are.

I initially switched to Lush because their perfumes (and scents in products) don't give me a headache. Whereas "regular" non-natural perfumes have something in them that starts out by giving me a massive headache, and then the pain gets so bad I get physically sick to my stomach. If I'm around it long enough I'll vomit. But Lush is no problem for me.

I only wear Lush perfumes. They don't have any of that crap in them. All the ingredients are listed on their website, and are clickable to go to descriptions of what they are.

I initially switched to Lush because their perfumes (and scents in products) don't give me a headache. Whereas "regular" non-natural perfumes have something in them that starts out by giving me a massive headache, and then the pain gets so bad I get physically sick to my stomach. If I'm around it long enough I'll vomit. But Lush is no problem for me.

Interesting, I have a similar reaction to non-natural perfumes (at least some of them), one of the reasons I do not like them. The mrs. won't wear perfume because it bothers me, might have to have her check out the Lush fragrances.

Whereas "regular" non-natural perfumes have something in them that starts out by giving me a massive headache, and then the pain gets so bad I get physically sick to my stomach. If I'm around it long enough I'll vomit. But Lush is no problem for me.

Same. I did get used to it when I sold perfume and gotten back to headaches now. My mother always puts on mega amounts of perfume before going out and makes me get headaches. Itell her a million times that it make me sneeze and my head hurt, but she does not care.
I wear sandalwood oil.

The Lush stores can be very overwhelming. I can smell the store in the mall before I even get to it. Even though their stuff doesn't give me a headache, I like to get in and get out quickly, or it's too much.

Woohoo, same here. Lush perfumes all the way. I'm the same with perfume giving me headaches...sometimes migraines. Unfortunately I work with perfumes which SUCKS.

I don't wear traditional perfume, but I slather on lotion from Bath & Body Works and occationally use their scented body sprays.

Some of those name brand perfumes are ridiculously expensive. So basically people are paying $100 for a bottle of animal poop. Awesome.

Reactions: Amy SF
I don't wear traditional perfume, but I slather on lotion from Bath & Body Works and occationally use their scented body sprays.

Some of those name brand perfumes are ridiculously expensive. So basically people are paying $100 for a bottle of animal poop. Awesome.

I might start telling customers that. :D