1980s: MTV VJ Martha Quinn now in her 60s

I liked a lot of the 70's.
I don't have a real grip on how the 80's were :shrug:
90's were good

So many great music videos! MTV should at least do a throwback to the early days!
Martha looks fantastic! That's her at 60?

I liked a lot of the 70's.
I don't have a real grip on how the 80's were :shrug:
90's were good

So many great music videos! MTV should at least do a throwback to the early days!
Martha looks fantastic! That's her at 60?

Martha Quinn always seemed to look young for her age, and the vegan diet probably helps, too. Maybe cosmetic surgery and make-up? Hard to say.

She is currently a DJ on IHeartRadio! : Listen Free to Martha Quinn On Demand on iHeartRadio Podcasts | iHeartRadio

1591827437422.png

Reactions: Chryssie
Hi Raven,

She was on MTV in the United States from 1981 to 1991. I'm guessing that MTV UK had different hosts.

Oh, that must be why. I don't think we had MTV on most TVs here back then.

I'm not as old as you but I'm old enough that Martha Quinn is my first memory of MTV besides Julie Brown.

I have vague memories of Martha Quinn being a "nice girl" on MTV and Julie Brown being bawdy and funny. I used to watch Just Say Julie at an age that I was likely not supposed to.

I also remember Kurt Loder. These people are practically burned on my brain, really, because we didn't have MTV when I was an infant. We had three or four channels in my formative years (which is admittedly probably in best interest, as was no TV until after school, no TV in my room, just one family tv ...things children now only express shock at unless their parents are hippies). I even got on-line with a delayed response after we had all that cable and I was given more free tv access. I practically cried the first time I saw YouTube. It carried all these memories from my childhood that I thought I'd never see again. I think that's why I still love it.

Since we are being nostalgic I'll chime in with my childhood TV memories.

I tend to get up early in the morning and I remember sitting in front of the TV on Saturday morning watching the color bars for 30 minutes to an hour and then "start of day" video of the Blue Angels flying in formation. I'd do all that just to be "ready" for Saturday morning cartoons!

At the risk of derailing the thread...what were your favorite Saturday morning cartoons?
All of them? I watched from something like 6AM to 10AM. In general though my favorite cartoons were Bugs Bunny and "Tom and Jerry".