19 Signs You've Been Vegan Too Long

Here is a fun game to play. Make some mention of "vegan oreos" to an omnivore. Give yourself two points when you hear "eww", "disgusting", "gross" or similar. Give yourself one point when you hear "that doesn't sound like it would be good" or similar.

Great article. I must add it to my favourites even if I'm not a vegan !

I like the mushroom one and the one about the Boca burgers which may have some truth to it ! I had a Sainsbury's vegetarian burger last night and thought that it really did taste like beef !

Oreos are one of the worst cookies that I have ever tasted. There are other biscuits/cookies that are also vegan that
are never mentionned !

I do quite like uncooked tofu, straight from the fridge.(I'm not vegan)

But I like the texture of mushroom. Maybe it's because I've never eaten unprocessed meat, but I quite like meaty textures.

ROFL! I love the "tofu package opener." I actually didn't know that Pilsbury crescent rolls were vegan. Not that I would likely eat them, but still, nice to know if I'm at some family function (where these might be prepared), I can have one.

ROFL! I love the "tofu package opener." I actually didn't know that Pilsbury crescent rolls were vegan. Not that I would likely eat them, but still, nice to know if I'm at some family function (where these might be prepared), I can have one.
Read the ingredients - they have a ton of different types, and a lot of them include butter.

Reactions: KLS52
Read the ingredients - they have a ton of different types, and a lot of them include butter.
Indeed, that's why I never thought they were vegan because so many other varieties have nonvegan indredients.

The "low fat", "original", "butter flavored" and etc all have different ingredients. I've found store brand vegan ones, a few times. Not sure if the pillsbury had milk or if I just wasnt willing to pay what they cost vs store brand so never checked them.

I couldn't relate to most of them, I've clearly not been vegan long enough!

:) A couple made me laugh though.

Didn't know Doritos or SaraLee cherry pie could be vegan.
Good to know

I do quite like uncooked tofu, straight from the fridge.(I'm not vegan)

But I like the texture of mushroom. Maybe it's because I've never eaten unprocessed meat, but I quite like meaty textures.

I like seasoned tofu raw out of the package, but plain I need frozen, thawed and cooked. I also like the meaty texture of mushrooms and meat substitutes. I think the majority of meat substitutes and even some vegan cheeses taste like the real things.

I love Braggs and it's one of my staple food condiments. I despise Veganaise though, but I've always hated the texture of mayo.

I like seasoned tofu raw out of the package, but plain I need frozen, thawed and cooked. I also like the meaty texture of mushrooms and meat substitutes. I think the majority of meat substitutes and even some vegan cheeses taste like the real things.

Have you tried the high-protein tofu? It might change your life. I used to say the same thing, til a friend introduced me to high-protein tofu. He thought we were all making fun of him because it was so ******* awesome straight out of the package, but we were just in awe. :yes:

Have you tried the high-protein tofu? It might change your life. I used to say the same thing, til a friend introduced me to high-protein tofu. He thought we were all making fun of him because it was so ****ing awesome straight out of the package, but we were just in awe. :yes:

No I've picked it up in the store many times and was curious about it, but I always put it back and got my usual regular tofu. I didn't realize there was such a big flavor difference between the high protein and the regular tofu.