Your favourite kitchen tools?

Tadhg

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi all,

I work for an ethical store and we're stocking a range of tools for a vegan kitchen.

Would you mind sharing your favourite tools, and your kitchen essentials please?

Thanks in advance

tadhg

Reactions: earthling_gh
I agree, mine comes with a separate tub to blitz sauces and dressings and I use it lots!!

Large capacity food processor. Amazing for big batches of home made hummus, cole slaw, thick delicious smoothies that almost qualify as ice cream, salsas, pureed soups... Also, a microplane grater for fresh nutmeg, zesting citrus, shaved ginger, and more. And I totally agree with the plug for immersion blenders above.

Your store sounds cool. I hope it is a big success.

thanks HaplessHeather. We've been looking for nice graters, not just graters for kitchen use but also graters you'd look forward to using at the table with friends. Its difficult to find really nice ones ethically made! The large capacity food processors are great too, many processing options for lots of great tasting food! Thanks for your input, its really helpful!

Vitamix are pricey but really great kitchen gear!
It seems 'blitzers' are a top choice for a vegan kitchen but for me, the staples of a good knife, chopping board, graters, dressing shakers etc are often overlooked essentials.. not to mention nice bowls and plates a pleasure to eat from.

bullet blender - food processor

I use the bullet more just because it is simpler to wash - makes great raw sauces for burrito bowls, hemp etc.

As per Tadhg, a great cutting board and a great knife are the tools that I use the most, along with the pots and pans.

Emma JC