Yet Another Reason to Avoid Using Facebook

I think it's more like a good reason to use Facebook, so idiots like this one can be caught. If people want to apoligy, brag or what ever of such things on FB, it's just great, so they can be caught.

Reactions: KLS52 and Freesia
:p
Well, personally, I use facebook for two main reasons: Easy contact with friends I don't live close to (which is a lot, since lots of my friends live in different cities/countries), and easy organisation with groups I'm involved with (lots of societies and university related groups I'm involved in use facebook as their main communication method, so if we want to arrange a meeting, share some work/files/papers, or share information about events, they use FB).

I think if you put moral problems to one side, lots of the social downsides of FB can be avoided by unfriending people you don't like, or who annoy you. :shrug:

Be grateful you're using european sizes, mines 7. :cry:

pea+brain.jpg
pea+brain.jpg

You'll have to change your user name SR !

They are obviously not all morons as lots of our members are on FB!
Why does this social network have such a large majority of members ? What makes it so appealing ?

*raises hand* Moron here. :) It's never beneficial to paint all people who belong to a particular group with the same brush. Might as well say anyone who uses Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, etc. or even VV are all morons too. These sites are all some type of social media. Seems like anything you type online, whether it be via social media sites, email or just surfing the web can be traced. I'm willing to bet if a crime were committed it wouldn't be too hard to figure out the identity of any of us. :eek:

Reactions: thefadedone
I'm a size 4 shoe so its a miracle I'm typing this :D

IMO "Facebook" could have been replaced with ANYTHING else and the story would still work. Man apologises via text/email/letter/tweet/shout out on radio. It's nothing to do with Facebook if the girl was smart enough to send the message on to the police. I see no idication that Facebook was spyng on the man and flagging any messages with the word 'Rape' in or something like that.

I use Facebook and I dont have a problem with it. first of all it has extreme privacy settings - I have it so nothing appears on my wall without my consent (ie if someone tags me in something awful I can delete it before it appears) and all non-friends can see is my profile pic. If I sign on from a different IP address to usual I have to manually agree the sign in via text message, so noone else can access my account. Facebook only knows what you let it know.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
Reas
I'm a size 4 shoe so its a miracle I'm typing this :D

I use Facebook and I dont have a problem with it. first of all it has extreme privacy settings - I have it so nothing appears on my wall without my consent (ie if someone tags me in something awful I can delete it before it appears) and all non-friends can see is my profile pic. If I sign on from a different IP address to usual I have to manually agree the sign in via text message, so noone else can access my account. Facebook only knows what you let it know.

Just applying extreme privacy settings to my Facebook tonight too Liz because..

I dont know you Tony and I no longer want to be subjected to your twice daily pics of fishing boats, fishing tackle, or wrggling captured fish. I did not 'friend' you . Go away.

I dont want to see pouting pictures of my friends daughter parading like a poll dancer in ever decreasing amounts of clothes accompanied by foul mouth references to her boyfriend. Go away.

I dont want to discuss my private life, my friends private life or the intimate details of your new realtionship or the break up of your last. Its private. Go away.

I dont want pictures of cute bunnies, cats dressed as babies, quotes about sisterhood, prayers, or blessings from angels. Go away.

I do not want to play juvenile Facebook games, buy animals on your silly farm or join the 'immigrants go home' interest group. Go away.

They are obviously not all morons as lots of our members are on FB!

99.999% of people with IQ>shoe size NOT being on facebook is no way the same as 100% of facebook users being shoe size>IQ.

It simply means that the IQ>shoe size population on facebook all come out of the remaining 0.001%.

The chance of coming across one of the IQ>shoe size facebook users is thus incredibly small.

This is why the 'I met the biggest idiot ... ' reports from facebook are extremely common and the 'I heard the cleverest thing ever ..' .... Well, search this topic for one of those!

Last edited: