Would you continue to be vegan if you had to grow vegetables you wanted to eat? Why or

Jinendra Singh

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
However since a lot of people are more worried about what they specifically eat as oppose to the entire sustainability of our agriculture, i am waiting for your perspective.

I don't think it's realistic to expect every vegan to grow their own vegetables, just like it's not realistic to expect every meat eater to raise and kill their own animals.

I'd like to grow some vegetables, but not all that I need. It takes a lot of time and effort even to just grow a little bit of vegetables, and I think my energy is better spent on other endeavours.

When I was a meat eater I wouldn't have raised my own animals to kill, when I ate cheese I wouldn't have kept a cow to milk, eating vegetables I at least attempted to grow them! :p
I'm not really into growing food, I make money to spend on food

Reactions: KLS52
If I had a year-round growing season and more than a single city lot on which to grow food, I would be closer to there. I have 75% of my yard in raised beds. Once that is full, I will absorb the empty lot behind my house. The thing is this all takes time. Daily watering is a minimum.

Reactions: Mischief
That - to me - sounds like a mediocre trolling attempt based on the serious question „ Would you eat meat if you had to kill the animals yourself“

Who asked you for your opinion on the question?

Might help to determine whether it is serious or frivolous...

My answer - of course I would love to grow more of my own food, it just is more practical to earn my money with things I am better at and pay for it...

Reactions: Mischief
That - to me - sounds like a mediocre trolling attempt based on the serious question „ Would you eat meat if you had to kill the animals yourself“

My answer - of course I would love to grow more of my own food, it just is more practical to earn my money with things I am better at and pay for it...
I wasn’t sure about the question, myself...kind of like, if you’re on a desert island, etc. etc.

i understand your perception, being a vegan is an ethical choice and my concern is about how people feel as a vegan if in near future if we have any chance of crisis how do they act how they follow vegan ethics, they want dependent food or they stance for their own
, by the way, thanks for your suggestion

Why would specifically vegetarians have to grow their own food, as opposes to everyone having to "produce" their own food?

Reactions: KLS52
Well, all others could theoretically just kill animals and fellow human beings to eat them, right?

« Deserted Island » style, for about 2 weeks, until everybody is devoured...

Guess I will stick to plants ...