What's your favorite fruit?

Whatever's in season since it usually tastes the best at that time. ;)

I will say that I love, love, love papaya, though. I lived where you could get it super fresh and that stuff was like candy. I've not had much luck with it here on the mainland, though - it's always shoddy, so I haven't ate fresh papaya in quite a while now. I miss it.

Other fruits on the top of my list: Clementines, nectarines, strawberries, blueberries, and dates.

Whatever's in season since it usually tastes the best at that time.

I could not agree more. I refuse to buy melons of any kind in the winter months, as I will surely be disappointed.

You can also get strawberries pretty well year-round here. I love local strawberries when they're in season, but most others (out of season one's), lack flavour.

My favorite fruit is the Jamaican fruit called Punani if you treat it right it can be really sweet and juicy OR alternatively, whatever is in the season.

Reactions: digitarian
I eat around 30 portions of fruit per day. I do more exercise than your average Joe, I'd say, and the fructose is great for energy.

I absolutely love dates in the morning. My favourites vary but if you can get your hands on a good Piel de Sapo melon, then I would highly recommend it.

I'm definitely obsessed with Watermelons when I can get good ones at decent prices.

Hmmm. That's a tough one. I always like Atulfo mangos, blueberries, and raspberries. I can rarely resist a nice, fresh, new crop apple.

Reactions: Val and Qwaychou
I love all kind of fruits, I can't tell one for my favorite. It's world of differences, of subtleties and I don't know enough yet about trees and their flowers. I need to test more fruits ! But the more I eat them, the more I love them. How could I choose between all of those grown-up flowers?

Reactions: Val
If I had to pick one it might be fresh figs.
Let me bump this old thread. I do love figs.

I sure enjoy a nice ripe watermelon. I just have such bad luck buying them...and not to mention the outrageous prices they've been going for lately. I'd take them back but I don't want to get banned from the store. lol

I got a soft spot in my heart for tropical/exotic fruit. First it was starfruit, then white blackberry, guava, golden berries, etc.

Now my favorite's asian breadfruit - it's spongy and tastes like juicy fruit - related to jackfruit. It's so mild, but flavorful - I eat it raw! I always wanted some spongy material that is chewy, like gum, but with the ability to eat and swallow it. The fruit that's my favorite if I eat everyday's longan.

After that - cherimoya/soursop/sweetsop. Ripe cherimoya's like pina colada that someone told me fights against cancer. Then I can't get enough of mangosteen - it helps me lose weight! I mean it's a garcinia plant after all. Manzanita apples aren't bad either.

For the rest, I just know what's the best of each fruit. There's a citrus called a rough lemon - tastes like the jungle and isn't bitter. Honeycrisp's the best apple, followed by sweet tango. Zinfandel grapes are like no other. Green stage pink peppercorns are out of this world! Khadrawi dates are the best.

I always wanted to try a rose apple, monstera, real citron, hala fruit/pandanus, lilli pilli, etc.

• Love
Reactions: KLS52
This summer it's strawberries! I haven't had a bad one yet, whether convention or organic, and the prices have been good. All berries really
I had one seeded watermelon which was just ok

Reactions: Brian W