Whatcha Makin'??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father grows horseradish. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I may grow it next year for fun. H will probably eat it. And I'm pretty sure the leaves are supposed to help pickled cucumbers/veggies stay crunchy, right? I've been using grape leaves for that purpose.

Ah, so I'm almost finished the raised garden bed. I used screws to attach the four sides together.

Then today I cut up a 2x4x10 into two pieces for the support pieces. I had to figure out how to use the jigsaw and then cut the ends of the wood at an angle to make them fit properly into the inner corners. The cuts aren't very even... haha... but I didn't try too hard. Then I cut out a chunk of wood from the middle of each 2x4 so they fit together. Kinda hard to explain. Basically, the two pieces criss-cross diagonally at the bottom. I'll post pictures soon!

All I have left to do is staple the landscape fabric on the inside. I'll leave it for later. I need a break. And I'm kinda scared of the big rat that ran out of the garage while I was working. :confused:

Reactions: Val
Well, things are moving along... the zucchini-garbanzo-burger mix turned out nice... I made only one patty (bread-shaped) but it's a little big... sizzled that thing in my tiny skillet, put it aside... already sautéed a few chopped red onions for on top of it, under the "cheese"... took out two slices of rye, put 'em in the oven for a couple minutes, not even to toast 'cuz I wanna spread with Earth Balance so I can make this a grilled sammich. :) The oven is still on so I put the patty in there to hopefully shrink a tad... then I gotta bake the fries.

Time to relax a touch & drink another beer... everything should be much easier from here. :cool:

Last edited:
Well, things are moving along... the zucchini-garbanzo-burger mix turned out nice... I made only one patty (bread-shaped) but it's a little big... sizzled that thing in my tiny skillet, put it aside... already sautéed a few chopped red onions for on top of it, under the "cheese"... took out two slices of rye, put 'em in the oven for a couple minutes, not even to toast 'cuz I wanna spread with Earth Balance so I can make this a grilled sammich. :) The oven is still on so I put the patty in there to hopefully shrink a tad... then I gotta bake the fries.

Time to relax a touch & drink another beer... everything should be much easier from here. :cool:
Hey, honey!:wave: It seems you're having a good time...:rp: Good luck with the fries:up:. We have 7.20a.m. here, i'm gonna swallow qutab and take a nap once more. Nighty-night then.:hug: :sheep: :mcat:

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Nothing special..., but i've made pickled cuckes once again!:pickle: Put "the umbrellas" of dill plants, horseradish leaves, dried dill, yeast seasoning, some other seasonings, much cayenne powder, apple cider vinegar and hot water. I put a plate on top to prevent their floating.:p On Monday evening it must be ready.
This red thing is cayenne (i'm really crazy about it, because after consuming it i feel super good).:D

Well, color me quite stunned. I think I'm done adding stuff to the sauce now. I used all leftovers... a tub of my roasted cauliflower "cheese" from the freezer, about 1/3 of a jar of Newman's Own pasta sauce (the last of it), a drizzle of evoo, about 1/4 cup of soy milk (whatever was left), a splash of beer 'cuz it was still kinda thick, my remaining sautéed red onion, and an entire bulb of roasted garlic from last week. Added extra nooch, some onion powder, a little smoked Spanish paprika, and plenty of dill weed... then I took a taste.

It's out of this f*cking world!!! :drool: Yay! I love it when leftovers turn into something magical 'cuz it could've been equally horrible.... LMAO

Magical Leftover Sauce.JPG

About to bake some frozen "tater rounds" (chubby little hash-brown potato coins)... and I'm gonna heat one of those Dr. Praeger's mushroom risotto patties in my tiny skillet.... I bought toppings & I actually looked up how one should properly assemble a "burger"... the first thing that came up was from BeyondMeat... still ick, but at least it wasn't a real meat site....

I think, because of the flavor of the patty, I'll spread my sauce from last night on the bottom & top buns instead of ketchup/mustard. I don't have pickles or small stuff, but I could place the smaller bits of my slice of red onion on the bottom. Then patty, check. "Cheese", check. Tomato, check. Baby spinach, not lettuce. Larger rings of red onion. Bun & done.

And I'll reserve the horseradish mustard & a little organic ketchup as a dip for the tater thingies.

Anyhoo, this is what I looked at.... :rolleyes: No More Sloppy Burgers! How to Stack Your Burger | Blog | Beyond Meat

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
When i come home in the evening, i'll be making two weird things, but i know they will be tasty.:woo:
1st thing is borscht with a bunch of mung beans (maash), other veggies, red beans, lots of dill, marinara sauce and seasonings, including much cayenne.:rp:
2nd thing is a new "mesivo" of sauteed red cabbage and black (forbidden) rice with lots of spicy additives and mediterranian salsa.:lick: Since i had overeaten rice in the past,- the only variety i can tolerate is black rice (maybe, sometimes red rice).:shrug:

Reactions: PTree15
I was gonna make another veggie burger & some more tater rounds, but I plan on having that tomorrow at Jer's, and I really don't feel like prepping/slicing/baking/frying anything tonight (**yawn**)... so I'm just gonna boil a little water for my remaining angel hair pasta and I'll top that off with leftover steamed veggies & sauce & canned tomatoes & walnut-Parm.

I just don't feel like "tending" to anything tonight.... :p LOL

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
More roasted cauliflower-cheese sauce....

This smelled soooo gooood!! :drool:
Roasted Cauli-cheese 1.JPG

Can't see all the stuff I put in there... but I put a lot of stuff in there. :p
Roasted Cauli-cheese 2.JPG

Decided to give it a go in the slow-cooker... for a bit more oomph. :leer:
Roasted Cauli-cheese 3.JPG

Not making it yet, but i think i'll make a light version of these, because it's quite complicated. I tried something similar once and liked it very much, and i really love such things as "varză murată" (romanian pickled cabbage head), btw. Moreover, since i remember myself, we'd always been eating "golubtsy" (cabbage rolls with ground beef [and rice sometimes]). Unfortunately, no one was thinking of making vegan rolls those days:D. This woman has the recipe of stuffed cabbage head as well, but it's not vegan.
...Armenian vegan dolma (tolma).:lick: Don't pay attention to her funny accent, as it's very hard for armenians to pronounce English sounds.:p

Not making it yet, but i think i'll make a light version of these, because it's quite complicated. I tried something similar once and liked it very much, and i really love such things as "varză murată" (romanian pickled cabbage head), btw. Moreover, since i remember myself, we'd always been eating "golubtsy" (cabbage rolls with ground beef [and rice sometimes]). Unfortunately, no one was thinking of making vegan rolls those days:D. This woman has the recipe of stuffed cabbage head as well, but it's not vegan.
...Armenian vegan dolma (tolma).:lick: Don't pay attention to her funny accent, as it's very hard for armenians to pronounce English sounds.:p

These look pretty simple.... :)

Lentil Stuffed Cabbage Rolls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]

Quinoa & Lentil Stuffed Vegan Cabbage Rolls - Connoisseurus Veg

But this one's even got dill & cayenne in it! ;) Vegetarian Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

Just have finished soaking my yuba (dried pressed soy fiber from the pack), now gonna cut it into small pieces, marinate it in korean-style dressing and put it in the fridge. This is all i'm able to attain from my blocky carcass for now, as my legs and hands hurt fiercely and refuse to behave. So, no perverted experiments for tonight,- just comfort food.:rp:

The raised garden bed is finished. I just need to get a bit more top soil for it.

Finished in the garage:
IMG_6871.JPG

Partly filled with soil at the garden plot:
IMG_20180912_184428_hdr.jpg

ETA: I forgot to mention there is landscape fabric attached to the inside. In that first photo, I hadn't attached it yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.