Whatcha Eatin?

Had Beyond chik'n nuggets for the first time--I'd have spit it out if I wasn't the one to open the bag and air fry them
My son, who will still eat meat, said the same. They have a bite, and aaaaaa.....feel and taste unlike any other vegan chik'n product. I ate two with hot sauce and vegan ranch, but I will not ever again. :yuck:
I really hope Beyond leaves their hot Italian sausages and spicy breakfast sausages alone!
I don't like the new burgers they have now either.
I like my faux meats to be faux

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
I am making air fried wedges for lunch. I'm going to have them with some cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn and ketchup and mustard.

Reactions: Emma JC
Saturday morning/brunchtime steel cut oats/red lentils with cranberries, molasses, date, ground flax in it and berries, banana, hemp hearts, turmeric, maple syrup, walnuts on top and a side of toast with peanut butter.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Veganite
we are about to have our baked beans on toast too - still full from last night's dinner - likely have Just Egg on the side, toast and a large grapefruit

Emma JC

Reactions: Raven
I simmered them on top of the stove instead of doing them in the oven because it too darned hot here… 82° with a real feel of 90!
Seriously, if you like artichokes I urge you to try this recipe. I’m going to the store tomorrow to buy two more. They are expensive…2 for $5. Although that was shop rite. Big Y wanted $4.98 each!

• Wow
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I simmered them on top of the stove instead of doing them in the oven because it too darned hot here… 82° with a real feel of 90!
Seriously, if you like artichokes I urge you to try this recipe. I’m going to the store tomorrow to buy two more. They are expensive…2 for $5. Although that was shop rite. Big Y wanted $4.98 each!
Do you have an Instant Pot? I do mine in that, on a rack over water. I had some last week.

I just bought a 3 lb bag of Empire apples for 1.99! All the individual varities were 2 and over a pound, Empire are my favorite and I hadn't seen them in some time. Just had one and it was very good!

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
@silva I don’t have an instant pot. I can't get over my fear of feeling that they are like the old time pressure cookers. I know they’re not and that they are safe but I can’t bring myself to getting one. I don’t mind simmering on the stove but I will admit, it took forever. A good hour I think.

I had a cup of vegetable bouillon with some french bread with olive oil.

I have some frozen berries thawing and I'm going to add pineapple and banana when they defrost.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I had a craving for them the other day. I am lazy and buy them already marinated!
We have artichoke hearts marinated in tiny jars over here. I’ll buy them occasionally for salads. This recipe is a whole other level. Sometimes I stuff them with a breadcrumb stuffing…that takes some patience but it’s so good. I may have to try and drum up some ambition to do that with this next batch.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
We have artichoke hearts marinated in tiny jars over here. I’ll buy them occasionally for salads. This recipe is a whole other level. Sometimes I stuff them with a breadcrumb stuffing…that takes some patience but it’s so good. I may have to try and drum up some ambition to do that with this next batch.
I just realised what you meant. The whole artichoke! I'm not sure I've ever had one. I always think of the hearts.

Reactions: KLS52
yesterday I didn't have the beans on toast, wasn't hungry enough, had cereal, berries, banana, walnuts instead

today, he is making his own brekunch and I am having beans, toast, grapefruit

Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52