Whatcha Eatin?

Brunch (can't eat before dinner) sliced granary baguette with spread, sliced avocados and a huge sprinkle of Cornish
smoked sea salt. A coconut milk mango pudding.
A mug of rose & lavender infusion/stevia.

Reactions: Emma JC and 1956

I likely started calling them breakfast beans because I usually only have them for breakfast and baked beans implies a lovely dish that comes from the oven with baked beans in it and although the ones in a can are very good, they do not compare to the ones from the oven.

Compromise: I will call them canned baked breakfast beans. :D

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I likely started calling them breakfast beans because I usually only have them for breakfast and baked beans implies a lovely dish that comes from the oven with baked beans in it and although the ones in a can are very good, they do not compare to the ones from the oven.

Compromise: I will call them canned baked breakfast beans. :D

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Call them whatever you wish. :) I was just being curious. In the UK, baked beans are from a tin in a rather sweet tomato sauce eaten at any time of the day/meal! They are very popular indeed.

I had some Scottish style porridge with a swirl of soya cream/pb and stevia.

Reactions: Emma JC
I had a plant based chocolate brownie yesterday. I bought it at the local organic shop as I thought that I was in need of a treat.
It was really quite tasty despite it being overpriced.
However, I wouldn't call it a brownie but a chocolate fudge cake because it had a very dense, almost truffle like texture.

A salad ; grated red cabbage, avocados, sliced mushrooms, thinly sliced spicy air fried tofu, chia seeds, vinaigrette/yeast flakes
A mango coconut milk pudding
Strawberry & elderflower infusion

Reactions: 1956