What would you do...

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
What would you do if you had all the money you needed to live comfortably for the rest of your life and you didn’t have to work for a living?

I'd do some traveling.
Volunteer at a homeless shelter.
Donate money to good causes.
Maybe take a few college courses, just for fun.
Maybe take an occasional transcription job here and there just so I don't lose my transcription skills.
I'd find a hobby. I think what I'd like to do is go shopping, since I like to shop, but I'd buy stuff not just for myself, but also for groceries and toys for the local homeless shelter/animal shelter/food bank.

I would spend all my time volunteering. Ever since I had the chance to help during that emergency rescue, I've wanted to do that again. So, I'd probably volunteer wherever there was an emergency (like hurricane Katrina or terrible hoarding situations), and the rest of the time volunteer locally; animal rescue groups, homeless, seniors, etc. I'd also continue working on my website which I hope helps the vegan community, and continue to offer free graphic design work for them as another way to volunteer.

I consider volunteering my hobby. :)

Wow, you are both very impressive.:)

I used to do volunteering but I haven't done anything for years.:oops:

I'd probably still work at something rather than piddle around volunteering.

Way I figure it is that if I didn't need the money I could use it to fund people who like to piddle around volunteering.

No, hang on a minute ...

Would that mean I'd just be piddling around doing some voluntary fund raising?

Reactions: Amy SF
Thinking about this more I think I would do some traveling as I would like to go the US before I die :p and also Iceland and Norway to do whale watching, hmm where else.

I would set up a charity of some kind but pay other people to run it and just attend the board meetings. I would also hire staff to look after my house and animals.:D I would definitely foster animals if I had the space too.

Reactions: Amy SF and KLS52
Travel. Volunteer at animal rescues. Open a vegan bakery. Start education on spaying and neutering in the rural counties in my state - and fund a much needed free or low cost spay & neuter clinic in those areas. Spend long, lazy days outdoors with dogs.

Travel. Pay off all my family members homes, cars, student loans.

Start a foundation for charitable causes--farm animal rescue mainly, also establishing good breastfeeding support for US mothers after hospital release.

The only thing I can think of that I would buy is one of those awesome Tesla electric cars.

I would travel as well and also pay off family members' homes and cars, etc.
I'd also donate, set up some college scholarships, volunteer, and still probably have a part-time job. I like to feel useful.
I'd probably buy a house as well, maybe a cape or a rancher.

Pay off debt for myself and a couple relatives. Travel. Open a dog rescue for the dogs considered unadoptable. I think most biters are simply misunderstood, not aggressive.