What time do you wake up?

jillyan10

Newcomer
Reaction score
I am a morning person and I wake up around 5 to 6 early in the morning. I do run early in the morning so I give time for me to exercise before I hit the shower and prepare for school. It is good to wake up early so that you will start everything and prepare what you need for the day. Exercise as well so that you will feel active throughout the day.

Unfortunately I get up about 7:30 A.M. every morning. I say "unfortunately" because I am NOT a morning person. LOL I really prefer to sleep until 9 or even 10. I just don't function as well in the morning. In the afternoon and late evening, I come alive.

I used to love a good sleep in - I'd get up around 7am on a work day, and around 9-10am on a weekend. Now though, I'm a stay at home mom and any idea of sleeping in has firmly gone out the window! My daughter seems to be ready to wake up most days at 5am! It's definitely been an adjustment, and I've had to change my routine to become more of an "early to bed, early to rise" type! Most nights she goes down to sleep around 7pm and I'm in bed often not much later than 8pm just to ensure I'm actually getting a decent amount of sleep!

I usually get up between 2 and 5 PM. Going to bed between 6 and 8 AM. Love the peace and quiet of the night.

Reactions: Whoa182
I get out of bed a little before 6, so I have time to sit and drink coffee and talk with my husband for about half an hour before the kids get up. On weekends I always say I’m going to sleep in, but it’s rare that I sleep past 7.

Depends entirely on how late I've stayed up and whether or not I work the following day. As early as 4am to as late as 1pm.

Usually 6.50am on a weekday, because I have to leave the house at 7.30am to get the kids to school.
Weekend 8am or 9am.

I like to wake up between 8 and 9. Grad school is going to be awesome because all of my classes are late in the day, and my future fall job is also not an early morning thing.

Right now I am cleaning dormitories because I had the brilliant idea of spending my summer in town. I have to be there at 8 am so I should be getting up by 6:30. However, I hate it so much I sleep until 7:15. I've literally gone to bed at 8:30 or 9 some nights, thinking I'd be up at 5:30 or 6 without an alarm aaaaannndd....nope.

I'm literally counting the days until I can afford to quit. It's not just being there at 8 am, I didn't mind being at my part-time weed job at 8 am last fall. It's pushing heavy furniture around and crawling under beds and using disgusting harsh chemicals I'd never use in my own home and TODAY, OH TODAY we cleaned a suite that had been heat-treated for bed bugs and it's like 87 degrees here today, and no one has central air in this town because the average summer temp is like 65, so the inside of this heat-treated crime scene of an abandoned freshman dorm was like 110 and we're wearing face masks so we don't breathe in diatamaceous earth and I seriously had to think about money and paying bills so I wouldn't quit on the spot.

I am usually awake before it is no longer dark. And I usually am up then, and no longer going to sleep anymore, but at few times I am still tired enough, that I would sleep a little more. I write and that fits with this, when I am creative enough to be productive with that.

Anywhere between 3-5 am. The 3 am is really hard to get through the day. I do ok if it’s 4:30 but on the rare occasion I make it to 5:30 I’m in Heaven. Those are good days for me.