What kind of message board should VV aspire to become?

What kind of message board should VV aspire to become?

• A board focused primarily on veg*n issues for veg*ns

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • A board focused primarily on AR issues for veg*ns

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • A general discussion board for veg*ns

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • A social chit-chat board for veg*ns

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • A VB retirement home for veg*ns

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Something else that I will tell you about in the thread

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
Let VV be a safe place for veg*ns, but other than that, let it evolve to whatever it becomes.
How do you propose to let VeggieViews be a safe place for its members when you carry tales of what goes on here elsewhere, to people who aren't even vegetarian, so you and they can scoff at some of us? Has everything in our private sections been reported to your master as well? Don't bother to answer. I at least won't believe a word you have to say in your defense.

That's pretty damn funny.

What I was referring to is have the board be a place where veg*nism can hang out and know that, even if not everyone defines AR or veg*nism the same way, interest in a veg*n lifestyle will always be around.

I'm thinking that the vast majority of veg*ns are strong enough to be exposed to people who don't think exactly like them. This refers to both veg*n issues (such as those who "only" are ovo-lacto, or those who are veg just for "health reasons") and non-veg*n issues.

This board would be plenty boring if everyone was a carbon copy of each other.

While the fighting is irritating, it's not that important to me. What I don't want is the endless rookie vegetarian questions. Not that rookie vegetarians don't need answers, but ******* are eggs vegan questions every ten minutes makes me want to pull my hair out.

But I'm still waiting for what's behind door number three!

*popcorn*

And for the popcorn smilie!

While the fighting is irritating, it's not that important to me. What I don't want is the endless rookie vegetarian questions. Not that rookie vegetarians don't need answers, but ****ing are eggs vegan questions every ten minutes makes me want to pull my hair out.

Maybe we need a "new vegetarian" and "new vegan" FAQ for those with questions.

Then the mods could point new members to that.

I voted for the first two and general discussion.
I feel as a board general talk is needed to keep things flowing but as this is MEANT to be for like minded Veg*ns and AR supporters i feel we need to discuss topics relating to those areas, otherwise you might aswell join a GD forum.

zt6tk8.jpg

I voted for the first two and general discussion.
I feel as a board general talk is needed to keep things flowing but as this is MEANT to be for like minded Veg*ns and AR supporters i feel we need to discuss topics relating to those areas, otherwise you might aswell join a GD forum.

This.

I just hope that this message board doesn't become the kind of place that allows obvious trolls to post freely in an attempt to keep posts up. That sort of environment does not harbour a healthy community imo.

Edit: Particularly well-known ones who post all over vegetarian/vegan message boards with the same name, spewing the same vitriol.