What kind of message board should VV aspire to become?

What kind of message board should VV aspire to become?

• A board focused primarily on veg*n issues for veg*ns

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • A board focused primarily on AR issues for veg*ns

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • A general discussion board for veg*ns

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • A social chit-chat board for veg*ns

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • A VB retirement home for veg*ns

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Something else that I will tell you about in the thread

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I thought this could be well worth some thoughts now while VV is still young and fresh.

(It's a multiple-choice poll.)

I picked a board focused on veg*an issues for veg*ans, and a general discussion board.

I really only use veg*an forums to find out information/advice (and give, of course) about vegan products and issues related to veganism. Vegan issues in the news, vegan food and cooking, vegan products, vegan-related situations, etc. I've got more involved in general discussion on VV than on any other veg*an forums, because I recognise people more because it's smaller. Which is nice, but if it stopped being useful for finding out information/advice I wouldn't keep it up. So for me, the first one is the primary one.

Can I pick all of the above?

1. I think this place should always remain veg*ns only.
2. I like how we do address various AR issues, but I also like the fact that AR isn't the main and only purpose of this board.
3. Also really like the general discussions we have here. We have members from all over so it seems like everyday is an opportunity to learn something new about veg*nism from other areas around the world.
4. Of course I also enjoy the chit chat! :)
5. I don't mind it being a retirement home either because we have some young members here who can help take care of us oldies! :D

I like that there's a mix of a little bit of everything here. I don't think it should change. I do wish more people would stick around a bit longer. It seems like we get new members who start to post frequently and then just vanish (even ex VBers):iiam: .

I voted a general discussion board for veg*ns.:) I don't think I would find it interesting if it was just chat about vegan and AR issues.

Reactions: Dedalus
I voted for a general veggie discussion board. Honestly, I think things would get boring fast if all we talked about was veg*n issues.

I mean how many times can you discuss getting enough protein, finding non-leather shoes, and stupid things omnis say.

Those are all valid issues of course, but after a while, it gets stale.

And no matter what we do, this board will always be a VB retirement home, to some degree. (not that there is anything wrong with that):p

Reactions: thefadedone
BTW, there is something wrong with how the percentages in the pole are being calculated. It lists "general veg*n forum", at 100%
I thought that looked strange too, but then I remembered that it's multiple choice, so how do you calculate percentages then? It could still be correct if everyone who has cast votes so far has included "general discussion board" in their votes.

the option with the highest vote is labelled the 100%; all other options have their percentage in relation to the 100% one.

Person 1 Person 2 Person 3 Total Percent
Choice 1 1 1 2 33.3% (2/6)

Choice 2 1 1 2 33.3% (2/6)

Choice 3 1 1 16.7% 1/6)

Choice 4 1 1 16.7% (1/6)
Total 2 2 2 6 100.0%

Multiple choice, where each person can make more than 1 selection.

or maybe everyone who voted voted for "A general discussion board for veg*ns". If that were the case then 100% would be right, for that option.

Let VV be a safe place for veg*ns, but other than that, let it evolve to whatever it becomes.