What is your favorite veggie burger?

Since so many people mentioned liking the Masala burger, I got some at TJ's yesterday. I haven't tried them yet.

I finally tried the Masala burgers and they are good.

Not a big fan of veggie burgers unless you pile on so many toppings they overpower the burger, which was pretty much how I liked regular burgers.

I do remember having one at Red Lobster, of all places, that was really good a few years back.

My old favorite veggie burger isn't vegan, but I tried Amy's bistro burger this week, and it was pretty tasty!

I like Boca burgers, I find Morning Star a bit dry, but no nasty. The biggest mistake new vegetarians make is over cooking veggie burgers.

Reactions: Vegetarian
I like Boca burgers, I find Morning Star a bit dry, but no nasty. The biggest mistake new vegetarians make is over cooking veggie burgers.

In the mid 90's I was working at a hospital and transitioning to vegetarianism. The hospital cafeteria offered a MF veggieburger which they cooked on the grill (not cleaning the meat off it beforehand because they didn't know or care), but cooking it the same way as the meat burgers, so they came out dry and tasteless and overcooked. The veggieburger wasn't very popular and they almost discontinued them, but a doctor who was a vegetarian convinced them to keep offering the veggieburger. Maybe they should have switched to Boca burgers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegetarian
There used to be a small food stand in Camden (London) called Ha Ha Veggie Bar. It did the most amazing burgers, I have never tasted anything like them. However, it closed and I was heartbroken :,(

That wasn't very helpful, sorry.

My roommate's mother bought some from QVC and gave us half the box. I was skeptical about food from a shopping channel being any good but was surprised at how good they ended up being. I've almost eaten all of them now and they are too expensive for me to buy anymore of them.

It's these: Guiltless Gourmet, the original flavor.

My favorite used to be Gardein's Ultimate Beefless Burger, but since I've become sensitive to wheat, my favorite is now Beyond Meat's Beastly Sliders.

That's $3 a burger for 18 burgers, so yeah, it is kind of expensive.

I thought you meant $3 for 18 burgers and was amazed how cheap food was in the USA haha.

I have always preferred Fry's to VBites, although ultimately will pick a bean burger over a fake meat burger any day.

I like Boca burgers! I tried them and they are good with lettuce, tomato, onion, etc. I tried some veggie hotdogs the other day that I liked, too, but can't remember the name? Even gave one to my meat eating step grandson and he didn't even notice!!

Aldi has a new house brand chipotle black bean burger that's the best I've eaten. It's one of those items that's stocked only periodically, though.

chipotle black bean burger aldi - Google Search
Our Aldi has been having them as a regular item! I like those, but the plain veg burgers are so meh!
They had some orgainic kale burgers - they lasted less than one week and never returned. I got a pack and loved them