What is your favorite veggie burger?

The black bean burger at Chef Geoff's.

I've liked all the ones I've had. Some taste reasonably "meaty", but others just do their own kind of veggieburgery thing, and that's good too!

I like the ones they serve in my workplace's cafeteria, but I don't know what the brand is. "Price Chopper", a major supermarket chain, has their own house brand. I think I've had "Morningstar Farms" burgers too, and enjoyed them, but nowadays I really look for vegan ones (no cheese, no egg), and sometimes that narrows it down. If I remember right, some of Morningstar's are vegan, and they're clearly labelled as such. Or that might be Price Chopper's house veggieburger... If egg and milk are okay for you, then you'll have more options.

Beancounter's post brings up a good point, actually: are you looking for something that tastes meaty, or something different? I'll confess I do like the meaty ones (waitaminnit... do I even remember what meat burgers tasted like?...) Some time ago, I had a Burger King veggieburger, and it was quite good and burgery-tasting, but I can't remember if they're vegan. BK's website should have that info if you need it.

Trader Joes Masala burger. Hands down. And I've eaten a lot of veg burgers.

Chicken-Style Burgers I've been eating these vegan chicken burgers recently and I really like them.

I like their traditional burgers too. Traditional Burgers

I'm not so fond of the vegetable burgers with Indian seasoning that they seem to sell in UK supermarkets.

Wildwood SproutTofu original veggie burger. They have too much total fat, though, to be healthy, IMO.

I quite like the V-Bites ones, but I don't want to bother ordering them specially.

I actually like homemade veggie burgers the best (black bean is my favorite). For store-bought, I like Amy's black bean burger or Dr. Praeger's varieties, mostly the spicy ones, though they don't hold together well upon cooking.

ETA: The best restaurant veggie burger I ever had was at Steuben's in Denver. Stellar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grayveggie
There are several veggie burgers I enjoy. I like Gardein's burger; it is very "meaty' tasting. I have enjoyed a variety of Amy's burgers too. There are several smaller companies like Sunshine Burgers that are tasty as well. The only ones I don't really care for any more (though early in my veg life they were fine) are the Boca and Morningstar brands. I like making homemade black bean burgers. The best burger I have had at a restaurant is Chili's black bean burger which is awesome.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I prefer homemade burgers as I've only ever tasted Morningstar and Boca. I actually find the the former tastes great and are really handy to have in the freezer when I'm in the States and want to have a quick lunch.

I must make a point of trying Gardein burgers as I really like their range. I did try a Canadian brand ( I can't remember the name ) when I was there last year but I didn't like the taste. The hotel where I was staying served them for breakfast at my request. Hopefully, the chef will try something different this year for my meal!

We don't get veggie burgers at restaurants over here so my experience of shop brought burgers is quite limited.

Found the name - Yves. I wasn't impressed by either the flavour or texture of their burgers.

Yves Veggie Cuisine: Yves Brand Burgers Products

Last edited:
"Chicken" burger - Fry's
"Beef" burger - Redwood's
Something else burger - Linda McCartney spinach and mushroom burger

Husband says the best ever veggie burger is the Linda McCartney quarter pounder (in his words, it's the meatiest meatless burger ever), but they aren't vegan friendly so I can't vouch for that ;)

I like the Whole Food's chicken-less patties and Gardien chicken sliders.

Morningstar's griller prime used to be my favorite before they decided to ruin it by adding egg and milk. I'm not really thrilled with Gardein and Boca burgers just aren't good. I don't really like bean burgers either. There were a few I liked, but I've tried so many of the new flavor variations, I can't remember which ones I liked.

I do like Boca's chicken and spicy chicken patties though, and Gardein's chicken sliders. But, they aren't the same as a veggieburger,

Reactions: Grayveggie