UK What is the best vegan ice cream lolly?

What is the best vegan ice cream lolly?

• Swedish Glace Vanilla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magnum Classic

• Magum Almond

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Valsoia Soya

• MiiRO Chocolate Hazelnut

• Swedish Glace Strawberry

• Total voters

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
To be clear, I'm talking about ice cream lollies, not simply ice lollies. It must be creamy. Also, it must be on a stick. Not in a cone, and not simply ice cream in a container.

Some links:

Do you know about other vegan ice cream lollies that ought to be considered? Please let us know below, and I might add them to the poll! :)

I've only had the Swedish Glace vanilla ice cream sticks and didn't like the chocolate.

I'm not a huge fan of magnums. :rolleyes:

I've never seen Miiro ice cream in supermarkets and assumed that it was a foreign brand due to it's unusual name. So, I googled it up and was
I supleasantly surprised to see that the company is a Shoreditch start up. I suppose that H&B would stock this kind of brand.

''New Shoreditch-based startup MiiRO is on a mission to shake up the ice cream lolly category with the launch of three delectable vegan ice cream pops.
Made with coconut milk, nutritionally bolstered by tasty nuts, sweetened with coconut sugar and Italian grapes, balanced by Himalayan pink salt and fortified with pea protein, each luxurious Magnum-shaped treat is coated in a thick layer of nutrient-dense raw cacao and contains no refined sugar, no preservatives or artificial flavourings and they’re gluten free to boot.

Available in three inviting and innovative flavour combinations, Salted Caramel, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Hazelnut each variety has been thoughtfully designed for the ultimate rich taste and creamy texture, but also with nutrition front of mind. The handy on-the-go bars contain a careful balance of protein, carbohydrates and good fats, they are also rich in fibre.''

LM & Mrs Summer report that the Magnum and the Valsoia ones are the best by far, though they haven't tried the M&S ones.

I think the Magnums taste exactly like the real thing, from what I remember.

I've never tried MiiRO.

Yo...this non UKer is invading your thread lol. I just tried Daiya ice cream bars...the coffee flavor. It was surprisingly good. I’m sure it doesn’t compare to what you guys have though. Sounds like you have some really good contenders. That’s all...adios, arrivederci and so long! :)

Yo...this non UKer is invading your thread lol. I just tried Daiya ice cream bars...the coffee flavor. It was surprisingly good. I’m sure it doesn’t compare to what you guys have though. Sounds like you have some really good contenders. That’s all...adios, arrivederci and so long! :)

We'll allow you to invade any of our UK threads KL. :) You are certainly a very nice invader.:D

There is far more choice of ice creams in the UK compared to the US. Moreover, there are far more cheaper brands, especially the store brands.
I actually didn't buy any vegan ice cream whilst I was in the US as the prices were horrendous. Nearly as bad as over here.

How can you expect people to go vegan when food is so expensive ? Granted that cakes and ice cream are treats but it always makes it easier to follow a pb diet when all types of food are available and inexpensive.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I tasted the Magnum classic the other day. I was surprised to find them at Aldi's.

I totally agree with Molls as they taste the same as their dairy counterpart. Give me a vegan Solero (vegan) any day. ;)

I like the Smooze ice pops. A freeze-at-home fruit ice with fruit puree and coconut milk.

I had a mango and coconut one yesterday.

Reactions: Val and shyvas
Tried the Magnum almond for the first time yesterday. It would be hard to beat in my opinion.

EDIT: I didn't see that this was in the UK section - sorry.:oops: I am English so maybe it was forgiveable.:p

Reactions: Val
Don't worry about the UK prefix, I only added that because I wanted to talk mostly about ice cream lollies that are available in the UK. I don't mind that people who live elsewhere chime in, and I don't mind if you want to compare the UK options to what is available elsewhere either.

Reactions: Brian W and Val
Tried the Magnum almond for the first time yesterday. It would be hard to beat in my opinion.

EDIT: I didn't see that this was in the UK section - sorry.:oops: I am English so maybe it was forgiveable.:p

Totally agree. ;)
When I was in the US I couldn't compare the Magnum with Daiya's ice cream sticks as I wasn't willing
to fork out the price which was ridiculous.