What do you drink instead of soda?

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
For those of you who say you don't drink soda, what do you drink instead? Do you drink anything carbonated at all? Other than water, what do you drink to cool yourself down on hot days?

I like watery lemonade. A lot of people here drink sweet tea (iced, tons of sugar), but I don't like it. I used to drink seltzer water with a splash of juice but got out of the habit for some reason. Also I like a cold IPA beer on occasion ;)

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I drink water, sweet iced tea, lemonade and 100% fruit juices. I do not use sugar in my homebrewed sweet tea; I use stevia.

I don't think of stevia as "artificial" as it is made from a plant. Stuff like aspartame (Equal) is known to cause all kinds of bad effects and I stopped using that stuff years ago.

Personal opinion: Soda is poison. It's simply the work of the devil. Or at least the work of some lesser demon. One just has to swear it off. The same with all carbonated drinks, really. They are so bad for your teeth. They have no redeeming qualities / value.

Nice, fresh water is what I drink when I'm thirsty.

I don't remember when, but I stopped drinking soda years ago--less than seven years ago. I drink a cup of coffee in the morning, or at least what I call morning. I drink a glass of Almond Breeze with my first meal. I drink water continuously, and beer when I don't have to drive.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
Mostly water. I don't like to drink calories and I get plenty with my tea and coffee. I don't like diet soda or seltzer. That's not to say I will never have a small ginger ale or 7 up. But water is my go to drink when I'm thirsty...which isn't often. I think I'm part camel. I have to force myself to drink during the day.

Unsweetened green or black tea, either hot or cold.

Vitamin water - so delicious!!!
Easiest is to simply cut a lemon in slices and put those into a jug of water in the fridge over night. Also works very well with oranges, apple, rhubarb, berries, kiwis and other strong-tasting fruit. Gives the water a nice fruit note.

And, of course, fruit smoothie or green smoothie ... put everything into the blender and blend the hell out of it. That, however, is not so much a drink as an interim snack.

I drink a lot of plain water or water with a little bit of fruit squash. I also like smoothies and water with freshly squeezed oranges, lemons or grapefruit.

I'm hopelessly addicted to diet Pepsi. I love it and hate it all at once. But its my primary caffeine source.
When I'm not drinking that, I tend to drink black coffee and maybe tea, but that's very rare.

I never ever drink fizzy drinks any more. Don't think I ever will again.

Water, tea, coffee & very occasionally squash.

Water is the most refreshing drink on a hot summers day.

Water. Sometimes water with a sprig of fresh mint or bit of lemon. Sometimes, on hot days, beer is refreshing.

I drink coffee, tea, wine, etc. for flavor, not to quench thirst.

Occasionally, when I'm feeling sluggish digestion-wise, I'll drink some unflavored sparkling mineral water.

I used to really like Coca Cola when I was younger, I think it tasted different when it came in the glass bottles.