What do you do?

I was lucky enough to be a stay at home mom. By far, the best time of my life. At 67, I’m currently employed in a fiscal office working on budgets and purchasing, personnel and payroll. I’m hoping to retire by February. I would have been done by year’s end but our union contract has yet to be ratified so I’m waiting on that as I will get some retro pay. Can’t wait!

I'm a copy editor, and I'm freelancing after getting laid off last year from a magazine job (print is dying!). I worked at several newspapers over the years before the magazine job. I'm also trying to get a side biz going with knitted and crocheted items. I'll be doing a craft fair with my mom in a couple of weeks, so I'm hoping to sell a few items there.

Do you remember:

The joys of toiling with Pythagoras’ theorem?
The excitement of learning that the opposite angles of cyclic quadrilaterals always add to 180 degrees?
The wonders of algebra especially the solutions of quadratic equations?
Being absolutely fascinated by the fact that all non-prime numbers can be expressed as a product of primes in just one way?

I was one of those founts of knowledge who imparted all that wonderful stuff to you. And since retirement, perfectly seriously now, I have missed you all tremendously.

Incidentally, if you have always been totally intrigued by the paradox that the number one should so obviously be prime and yet is defined as not then I dare you to ask me why that is so.

Roger.

I am a full-time grad student who was working this semester with a sustainability group on campus part-time. Before that I cleaned dorms in the summer, occasionally taught children environmental science outdoors on a gig basis, and packaged weed part-time. Before that I worked on a camp ground.

Before I went back to school I had my own freelance massage therapy business in LA, which is probably why I hate working for other people and don't stay still long.

@PTree...your signature always makes me feel so guilty! Lol 😘
LOL! It's a quote from a musician (Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle) who was lamenting society's electronic addictions. It sort of represents my love-hate relationship with technology. You should not feel guilty in the least, KLS!

LOL! It's a quote from a musician (Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle) who was lamenting society's electronic addictions. It sort of represents my love-hate relationship with technology. You should not feel guilty in the least, KLS!
Haha...for me it’s my addiction to the television.

Reactions: Qwaychou
I'm a database engineer at a large research facility. Some days I'm frustrated with my job, other days I'm on top of the world. I love solving the challenges and working with my developer colleagues to deliver services and features to the research community and do our part to help scientific advancements and break-throughs.

I'm also an unpaid & volunteer Internet forum owner and admin :) While it can at times be a bit frustrating, time-consuming and bad for my wallet, most of the time it brings me joy and a sense of meaning/purpose.

I was lucky enough to be a stay at home mom. By far, the best time of my life. At 67, I’m currently employed in a fiscal office working on budgets and purchasing, personnel and payroll. I’m hoping to retire by February. I would have been done by year’s end but our union contract has yet to be ratified so I’m waiting on that as I will get some retro pay. Can’t wait!
In this day in age, I hear only the most beautiful women get the luxury of holding the prestigious financial care free title of stay at home mom.

I need to get me a man who will do things for me like that =/

Reactions: KLS52
Not everyone is a stay at home mum....most women have to go back to work when they have children anyway & somehow juggle both. Also, looking after babies/children is hard work.

I'm a compliance co-ordinator currently on maternity leave (not for much longer though!)

Not everyone is a stay at home mum....most women have to go back to work when they have children anyway & somehow juggle both. Also, looking after babies/children is hard work.

I'm a compliance co-ordinator currently on maternity leave (not for much longer though!)
I'm sorry. I never implied taking care of kids wasn't hard work. I said being a stay at home mom is financially care free. And also, I'm just joking around about everyone being a stay at home mom. Sometimes I forget to add my disclaimers of joking around, but sometimes I just hope you guys can tell.