What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Forest Nymph

Will you let us know how they turn out? Happy Hanukkah!

Thank you!

They actually turned out really well, the flax egg works.

I ended up mixing the dill straight into the cashew yogurt and put that on the latkes, then ate the applesauce as a side.

If you are interested in the actual recipe let me know.

Happy Hanukkah!

Reactions: hopeful
Leftover split pea soup from yesterday and and grilled cheese and tomato sandwich.

What did you do for lunch today?

I found a recipe on youtube awhile back for a vegan pizza with a tofu mozzarella. I decided to finally try it today after getting the yeast needed. It was so good. Crust was very thick so I'll have to half the dough next time. I also made a ranch from stratch since that's what I usually dipped my crust in. It's pretty good considering I didn't have any dill to put in it.

You should post it in our YouTube Recipes section.

Big salad. lettuce, peas, corn, sunflower seeds, almond slivers, cherry tomatoes, cucumber. Oil-free dressing

I didn't have time for breakfast so I grabbed 2 bananas as I was running out the door. Had my lunch late, which basically turned into dinner. And I'm cash poor right now so it was a simple bowl of rice, black beans, and broccoli with some avocado on top

@Forest Nymph

The recipe would be great, if you wouldn't mind sharing!

Thank you!

I actually used Bob's Red Mill potato flakes so I didn't have to grate potatoes for an hour. I moistened a cup of flakes with an appropriate amount of water by sight, so that they were well blended but not runny or thin. I added red onion that I shredded on a cheese grater, until there was a good amount. Then I added about two tablespoons of flour, a teaspoon of baking powder, salt and pepper.

The important part is to heat the oil first. Put a generous amount in a frying pan over medium heat until sizzling THEN add a spoonful of batter. If you try heating them up on a cold pan they don't turn out as well.

Allow to fry on one side until it starts to brown around the edges before flipping with a spatula carefully. I make sure that they're well browned on both sides.

I used plain unsweetened cashew yogurt in place of sour cream, I just mixed the dill directly into the yogurt before putting it on the latkes.

Reactions: hopeful
Today, I had homemade black bean chili over brown rice, with a little bit of Tofutti sour cream on it. I wanted to put avocado on it instead, but I was out. The Tofutti stirred in was good, though.

leftover rice/beans with a side of sweet potato

(sweet potato done in the instant pot. and then baked as wedges in the oven with some spices, is like candy only better)

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou and hopeful
Status
Not open for further replies.