What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Veganite

That sounds amazing! It reminds me of this great mushroom sandwich I used to love at a restaurant by where a relative lives. (Now I can't eat the bread, as it's not vegan there.)

Reactions: Veganite
This is one time I am really looking forward to my leftovers.

I'm making some fresh yam fries, and also steaming a side of Swiss chard to go with my leftover mock pulled pork mushroom sandwich. Mmmm, yum!

@hopeful

I can't tell you in words how tasty it was, but I do highly recommend trying it. If you don't have access to a BBQ or smoker, you could improvise and still make it pretty tasty. In this situation I'd just add a tiny bit of liquid smoke in with the mushrooms as you saute them. Roasted King mushrooms work nicely too. I've used those before and like them a lot.

It was this video that inspired me to try this in the first place. You can try something similar, if it appeals to you.

Reactions: hopeful
I have for dinner wheat porridge with vegetarian fish and a fresh cucumber.
Recipe for cooking vegetarian fish:
Ingredients:
- Tofu (soy curd) - 500g
- Nori sheets (roasted seaweed) - 3-4 pcs.
- Flour - 4 tbsp.
- Water - 1 glass
- Salt - 3/4 tsp.
- Black pepper powder- 1 tsp.
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp.
- Vegetable oil for frying

Cooking:
Slice tofu. Cut nori sheets into size twice as large as the size of the slices of tofu.
Prepare batter: mix flour, water, add salt, pepper, turmeric. Mix well.
Sop the nori in water. Wrap a slice of tofu. Dip it in the batter. Preheat the frying pan. Pour the vegetable oil.
Fry pieces on both sides until golden brown. (recipe is taken from "Vegetarium" channel)

Burritos with pickles, lentils, various veggies that came in a can, peanuts, raw onions, cabbage, tomato.

I have for dinner wheat porridge with vegetarian fish and a fresh cucumber.
Recipe for cooking vegetarian fish:
Ingredients:
- Tofu (soy curd) - 500g
- Nori sheets (roasted seaweed) - 3-4 pcs.
- Flour - 4 tbsp.
- Water - 1 glass
- Salt - 3/4 tsp.
- Black pepper powder- 1 tsp.
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp.
- Vegetable oil for frying

Cooking:
Slice tofu. Cut nori sheets into size twice as large as the size of the slices of tofu.
Prepare batter: mix flour, water, add salt, pepper, turmeric. Mix well.
Sop the nori in water. Wrap a slice of tofu. Dip it in the batter. Preheat the frying pan. Pour the vegetable oil.
Fry pieces on both sides until golden brown. (recipe is taken from "Vegetarium" channel)

Looks good. I sometimes miss fish and I might try this, although without the oil...maybe a diluted nut butter or some whole flax, hmm.

I smoked some tempeh in my electric smoker, which then marinaded in BBQ sauce overnight. I'm just about to grill that with some veggie skewers. I'll serve this with some delicious forbidden rice....my fav!

I cooked a big pot of bean soup and had red onions and vegan cheese on top of my bowl for supper.Also a piece of cornbread with Earth Balance and mint tea to drink.

Reactions: hopeful
I made a sort of stroganoff based on a recipe from Caitlin Shoemaker's YouTube channel - it turned out really nice! Loads of mushrooms and an onion cooked for a couple of mins, then added water, spinach and pasta. Let the pasta cook, drained off most of the water then stirred through peanut butter, mustard and loads of black pepper. Delish!

After watching an Ellen Fisher video I tried her idea of baked potatoes topped with chili, avocado and a creamy cashew sauce.

I made one large sweet potato and one larger white potato (for two to share). The chili was homemade from last week.

Very delicious and very filling! Tonight is pizza night.

Emma JC

Reactions: Grayveggie
Last night was chunky spaghetti with zucchini and boca crumbles in the sauce.

Reactions: Grayveggie
potato strips cooked in their own moisture with some cabbage and pickles, and a pizza dipping sauce.

Aside from oven cooking a potato, for some reason I always thought homemade "fries" had to be cooked in oil, or at least in a little water, covered. Turns out they come out just fine cooking in their own moisture when covered.

After this a few hours later I enjoyed some popcorn

Edit: Oops! This was after brunch, not dinner.

Dinner was barley soup from whole soaked barley, crushed. A carrot, some Tahini milk to add a little fat, salt, rosemary and pepper and a little simmering time in water.

Last night I made some rice and beans. I ate the leftovers for lunch today, and tonight I'm grilling some homemade veggie burgers I previously made and just thawed out.

I'm having some veggie stew I thawed with a baked Japanese yam and some leftover coleslaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.