What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taquitos with bean paste (onion, garlic, tahini and tomato) to replace the meat, salsa and lettuce. I used a little oil to brown them in then pan, which is a rarity for me nowadays.

Last night, I had curry. Tonight, I am having Amy's no-cheese / roasted vegetable pizza. Then some apple crisp, most likely.

More homemade wholemeal wheat tortillas with homemade salsa, the rest of my bean paste and broccoli/lettuce. Also the same with miso and sunflower seeds when I ran out of beans.

This is so cool! Quick question: Don`t you get FLATULENCE after eating all those Beans ?
I could not help myself asking this question. So Sorry :)))));):yum:mask::mask::poop:

Don`t you get FLATULENCE after eating all those Beans ?

It can certainly be a common side effect, but there's things you can do to lesson this effect. The fact is the more you eat them, the less they will affect you, negatively. Soaking them helps too. In my own experience canned beans seem to cause more gassiness and/or bloating. I only use canned for when I don't have time to plan ahead.

"If you enjoy passing gas. Beans can make you a first chair trumpeter.

But only for a couple weeks. Your body quickly adapts if you eat beans regularly.

To reduce gas faster, soak the beans and discard the soaking water before cooking them. Just like we’ll learn below."

https://fullplateliving.org/blog/how-cook-dry-beans-better-flavor-and-less-gas

"Burger" tacos, since they tasted similar to burgers imo:

Homemade whole meal wheat wraps, charred tofu crumbles, Cos lettuce, pickle slices, ketchup, a combination of caramelized and fresh white onion, garlic, a few drops of roasted sesame oil per taco, salt.

My first vegan pizza! Not only my first vegan pizza, my first pizza ever from scratch! (flour was provided)

Vegan-Pizza-Oct2018.jpg

I've never made pizza before(Edit: attempted but dough usually sucked as I previously had no bread/baking skills), and I consider this a success. The dough on the left pizza came out perfect, the one on the right needed more cooking (bottom of top down heated oven). Ingredients:

Dough: Wholemeal wheat flour, water, yeast (brewers), salt
Base: Tomato sauce with salt and a mix of Italian herbs (Garlic, Tomato, Basil, Onion, Black pepper, Oregano, Parsley, Marjoram, Red Bell pepper, tiny bit of Canola oil)
Toppings: Just sprouted lentils, peanuts, onion, garlic, nutritional yeast, olives

No vegan cheese because I've never tried it, and I have never liked cow milk cheese, so when I was a carni I always ordered my pizzas without it.

It was delicious! I am most pleased the dough came out good - I was expecting it to be a flop!

Last edited:
I went to a Mexican restaurant with some friends after a mountain bike ride. Unfortunately they didn't have any vegan entrees (and Mexican food is so easy to veganize!). I ordered some guacamole which after one bite I am 90% sure had sour cream in it :confused:

Went home and made myself some tacos.

Homemade "crab" cakes (hearts of palm and garbanzo beans) and cilantro lime rice. Had daiya pumpkin cheesecake with whipped cream for dessert.

Brown rice, black beans, avocado pieces, and tomato pieces.

same as lunch: leftover pasta with a kale salad. english muffin and raspberry jam for dessert.

I had dinner at a Thai place. Mixed vegetables with tofu and a soy wine sauce.
Very delicious.

Reactions: hopeful
Bread with Vegemite and some Cos lettuce. Bread was a wholemeal I made today from wholemeal flour, water, yeast and salt.

Late night: Home brewed beer.

Leftovers from the Thai place I ate at last night. Eggplant in fresh basil sauce.

Reactions: hopeful
Homemade pizza very similar to the one the other night. Probably have the rest for breakfast too.

Last night, I had spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.