What did you Cook or Bake Today?

I might make some cranberry nut muffins or a bread. I need to use up some cranberries. I also could make cranberry sauce.
This past Thanksgiving, there were two kinds of cranberry sauce at the table: canned (jelly style) and home-made (whole berry style). The home-made batch was so good!

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
This past Thanksgiving, there were two kinds of cranberry sauce at the table: canned (jelly style) and home-made (whole berry style). The home-made batch was so good!
I make homemade cranberry sauce occasionally. I really like it and it is so easy! A lot of sugar has to be used though so not exactly "health food." LOL

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
I can't do homemade cranberry sauce...it's not the chunkiness that turns me off but the skins. I always have an issue with texture.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I can't do homemade cranberry sauce...it's not the chunkiness that turns me off but the skins. I always have an issue with texture.
what about blueberries?
I do like cranberry, but only with water and white sugar

I had homemade cranberry sauce in a vegan restaurant in London just before xmas. It was delicious. I haven't ever tasted the real thing before, only from a jar.

what about blueberries?
I do like cranberry, but only with water and white sugar
Same... I almost added that to my comment. So many things bother me! 😞
Seeds on strawberries. I stopped eating them.
Can't eat grape/cherry tomatoes anymore. I peel the regular tomatoes when I use them in salads/sandwiches.

Grapes are ok for some reason. And skin on fruit like apples and pears are fine.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I make homemade cranberry sauce occasionally. I really like it and it is so easy! A lot of sugar has to be used though so not exactly "health food." LOL

when I make homemade I don't use sugar I use maple syrup and I put in orange zest and squeezed orange juice/pulp so it is all naturally sweet and not overly so

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Can't eat grape/cherry tomatoes anymore. I peel the regular tomatoes when I use them in salads/sandwiches.

Grapes are ok for some reason. And skin on fruit like apples and pears are fine.
Omg, I hate tomato or pepper skins! I do have Blueberries almost daily and while I hate how mush I have to Floss I ignore it, but things in sauces, ugh, hate it

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15

I always peel tomatoes.

Reactions: KLS52
I made Sweet Simple Vegan's Hamburger Helper. It's not the healthiest of recipes, but it is pretty tasty. I didn't add any salt, as I figured the Beyond ground protein and some veggie broth would cover that. It makes four generous servings, and I can't wait to dig in. This will be nice with a side salad or a side of steamed veggies.

Made a raw cashew 'cheesecake', which is really nothing like cheesecake, but I love this recipe
I used half a package of lemon lime KoolAid and 1/2 tsp of citric acid, and soy yogurt
next time will make it chocolate cause I still taste the cashews-nah, I like it tangy

Last edited:
I made chocolate chip scones yesterday as part of my friend's housewarming gift. I might make some cookies later, as I won't need to cook dinner tonight because I have leftovers. I am craving some ginger cookies, but I might make sugar cookies, maybe heart-shaped ones. :)