Music What bands / concerts have you seen lately?

Muse were so fantastic last week. I saw that they have more tickets out for 3 gigs in September. I'm hopefully going to get some as they are doing two nights at the O2 in London.

Reactions: PTree15
I saw Muse when they opened for U2 years ago. They were great!

Oh, fun. I haven't ever seen U2. They are obviously very talented as well.:)

The reviews for the most recent Muse concerts were "flawless" and 5 stars. I first saw them 15 years ago now (!) and only saw them for the second time the other week. I hope I get the tickets when they come out tomorrow.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I did get Muse tickets for September. I'm watching the recent show they did in Manchester on YouTube right now. I think that it was better than the London one. Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine) joined Matt Bellamy on stage.

I'm hoping to get Liam Gallagher (Oasis) tickets this week when they come on sale.

I did get Muse tickets for September. I'm watching the recent show they did in Manchester on YouTube right now. I think that it was better than the London one. Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine) joined Matt Bellamy on stage.

I'm hoping to get Liam Gallagher (Oasis) tickets this week when they come on sale.
I so love him. What a great treat!

Reactions: Val
I got Liam Gallagher tickets! Quite good seats too.:) I'm also seeing Gary Numan in the autumn.

Reactions: PTree15
I was at this show last night. It's my third time seeing Weird Al Yankovic in my lifetime, and every time the show was very fun and different. This tour he is performing with a string orchestra. His showmanship and ability to entertain the crowd beyond just his singing shows what a seasoned performer he is. I highly recommend it even for folks who are not long-time fans:

I saw Alice In Chains last week. What a great show. They co-headlined with Korn, but my sister and I skipped them since we aren't big fans. The Alice set was rockin'! They had only 15 songs, and they kept it moving. Only one slow song, haha, but it was a good one, Nutshell.

Just set an alarm on my phone to remind me to buy tickets to see Tool and Killing Joke in Boston on November 14th. Tickets go on sale next Friday morning! My brother and boyfriend and I will be going. For my boyfriend, it will be his first EVER concert. This will be my second time seeing Tool. The previous time was on their 10,000 Days album tour over a decade ago.

We saw Dwight Yoakam in Charlottesville last week. He was great! I'm not really into too much country, but I do like a honky-tonk man once in a while!

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Just set an alarm on my phone to remind me to buy tickets to see Tool and Killing Joke in Boston on November 14th. Tickets go on sale next Friday morning! My brother and boyfriend and I will be going. For my boyfriend, it will be his first EVER concert. This will be my second time seeing Tool. The previous time was on their 10,000 Days album tour over a decade ago.
Wow, what a great first concert to go to! I'm so looking forward to this. I wish I could go to the Boston show (and see you!) and the one in CT, but I have to work my part-time job, sigh. I will get to Newark, N.J., though, because it's on a Saturday. And I'll get to see my Minnesota friends, as they are coming out east for four shows from New York to Philly. I am jealous, lol. If I were working full time, I'd probably get to four shows as well. I am grateful that I can get to one. Tool is not to be missed!

I think the last concert I went to was a local symphony orchestra. "Beethoven's Symphony #7" was on the program. I enjoyed it, but the only other time I heard that symphony live was with my Mom about 15 years ago.

Reactions: KLS52
I think the last concert I went to was a local symphony orchestra. "Beethoven's Symphony #7" was on the program. I enjoyed it, but the only other time I heard that symphony live was with my Mom about 15 years ago.
I've never been to a symphony. I am pretty sure I would enjoy it very much.

@PTree15 I guess it depends a lot on what they're playing. I remember, a long time ago, my high school class went to New York City and I stopped off to hear a free mid-day concert (I think it was the New York Philharmonic, but I don't remember what they played)... I sort of dozed off during it and woke up when the audience started applauding.

I love chamber music and solo instrumental music, too- one of my favorite concerts back in 1970 was when classical guitarist Julian Bream played. But there's something about a full orchestra that just grabs me. I remember one day, back in college, I was in a stairwell in the Performing Arts Center and suddenly the college orchestra started playing in an auditorium very near by... it was an exciting, wildly joyous piece and I felt like I'd just fallen into a lake of happy and was swimming in it.

After classical music, my second-most-favorite type of music is rock. It's pretty hard to doze off when that's playing though. :p

I was at this show last night. It's my third time seeing Weird Al Yankovic in my lifetime, and every time the show was very fun and different. This tour he is performing with a string orchestra. His showmanship and ability to entertain the crowd beyond just his singing shows what a seasoned performer he is. I highly recommend it even for folks who are not long-time fans:

I used to listen to Al when Dr Demento still had his weekly night-time radio show. Fun times at night....

Last edited:
@PTree15 I guess it depends a lot on what they're playing. I remember, a long time ago, my high school class went to New York City and I stopped off to hear a free mid-day concert (I think it was the New York Philharmonic, but I don't remember what they played)... I sort of dozed off during it and woke up when the audience started applauding.

I love chamber music and solo instrumental music, too- one of my favorite concerts back in 1970 was when classical guitarist Julian Bream played. But there's something about a full orchestra that just grabs me. I remember one day, back in college, I was in a stairwell in the Performing Arts Center and suddenly the college orchestra started playing in an auditorium very near by... it was an exciting, wildly joyous piece and I felt like I'd just fallen into a lake of happy and was swimming in it.

After classical music, my second-most-favorite type of music is rock. It's pretty hard to doze off when that's playing though. :p

I used to listen to Al when Dr Demento still had his weekly night-time radio show. Fun times at night....
My brother and I used to love Dr. Demento!

I loved Dr Demento and do recall Weird Al being a regular. I must have been somewhere preteen when my radio was my best friend at night! Such great college radio in Cleveland then- probably still? I need to check!
I haven't seen any bands this summer. I should about the jazz club down the road if nothing else

Last night, I saw Jinjer with special guests The Browning and Sumo Cyco. Jinjer rocked the house as usual, and the opening bands were pretty decent as well. I really liked Sumo Cyco. Both Sumo Cyco and Jinjer are fronted by women, so that's really cool. I'm amazed at the growls that come out of them. I certainly got my money's worth: The ticket cost only $23.

The venue, called the Music Vault at the Greasy Luck pub, was really cool. It's in downtown New Bedford, Mass., and apparently it's in an old bank building, so there was a huge bank vault on one side, and an arched doorway on the other. Even the sound booth was in bank decor, looking like a counter. Very cool place. I would go there again for a show. I stood right in front of the sound board, which is advantageous for sound, of course, and for avoiding the mosh pits that inevitably get going during metal shows. :D There is also a restaurant on the other side, and I noticed that they carry the Beyond Burger and vegan cheese. I would love to dine there before a show. I had considered it last night, but I got stuck in tons of traffic, so I barely got there in time for the show.

Reactions: Val and KLS52