Music What bands / concerts have you seen lately?

Kasandra

Forum Legend
Reaction score
We had the pleasure of seeing Red Hot Chilly Peppers last night performing at the Stadium in Cape Town. Anthony, Chase and Flea really put up an energetic performance. The new young guitarist also got everyone cheering.

What a show.

Next in March is Bon Jovi.

Reactions: KLS52
RHCP is one of my favorite bands. I'd love to see them. Last show I saw was David Grisman, bluegrass mandolin player, and his band on New Year's Eve.

Last show I saw was Soundgarden in Philly last month. Chris Cornell can still rock it, and the band was tight.

Reactions: thefadedone
Katy Carr at the Green Note in London last Thursday. Best gig of the year so far.

Here's a photo and video, limited somewhat by the very low light levels in the venue:

katy-carr-green-note-20130207-002.jpg

Katy Carr - Wejmutka (At the Weymouth Pine Tree House) (Green Note, London, 07/02/2013)

Next up, Brandi Carlile tomorrow and then John Prine on Saturday.

It went a good two-plus hours. Not a lot of chatter, lol, which was fine by me. :D They didn't have an opener, either, which also was fine because it gave them plenty of time to get all of these songs in. I will be seeing them again in May in Philly with Alice In Chains. It's a festival, so the set will be much shorter, but seeing those two on the same day will be awesome for me.

It went a good two-plus hours. Not a lot of chatter, lol, which was fine by me. :D They didn't have an opener, either, which also was fine because it gave them plenty of time to get all of these songs in. I will be seeing them again in May in Philly with Alice In Chains. It's a festival, so the set will be much shorter, but seeing those two on the same day will be awesome for me.

That's impressive considering most bands don't spend anywhere near that amount of time on stage.
The festival sounds fun too!

I know! We are lucky if we get an hour and 45 minutes. I'm looking forward to the festival. I will see a lot of friends, plus, my sister and a nephew are coming as well. It's going to be a great time.

No festivals here for a good few months but I'll be going to WOMAD, Fairport's Cropredy Convention and End of the Road in the summer. Here's the line-up for EOTR so far:

Sigur Rós | Belle and Sebastian | David Byrne & St Vincent | Frightened Rabbit | Jens Lekman | Efterklang | Poliça | Daughter | Savages | PINS | Wolf Alice | Widowspeak | Bo Ningen | Matthew E White | Golden Fable | Mark Mulcahy | Marika Hackman | Heartless Bastards | Caitlin Rose | Merchandise | Evening Hymns | Teleman | Diana Jones | Laish | Money | King Khan & The Shrines | Woodpecker Wooliams | Palma Violets | Horse Thief | John Murry | Strand of Oaks | Pokey Lafarge | Angel Olsen | The Barr Brothers | Damien Jurado | Serafina Steer |

lots more still to be announced! It's going to be great! The line-up for WOMAD isn't out yet but it's always great so I can book a discounted early-bird ticket with confidence.

Back to gigs we've seen recently, Rebekah Delgado with She Makes War as support, Erin McKeown and Brandi Carlile.

Here are a few videos I shot.

She Makes War - Slow Puncture (unplugged due to technical difficulties with electric guitar)

Brandi Carlile - What Can I Say (unplugged by plan)

Erin McKeown - Manifestra (plugged :) )

In April, my daughter and I and some of her friends are going here:
It's 3 days, 2 nights. The Allman Brothers Band, Leon Russell, Widespread Panic, Govt Mule, Tower of Power, Electric Hot Tuna, and a whole bunch of others. :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360969366039.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360969366039.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 172
Reactions: Dedalus and PTree15
That sounds awesome. I so want to go to a camping music fest this year.

We did not go into, but heard a big rockabilly show last weekend. We where in the side area eating fried mushroom and drinking some beer. It sounded awesome, but the tickets where out of our current budget.

That sounds awesome. I so want to go to a camping music fest this year.

We did not go into, but heard a big rockabilly show last weekend. We where in the side area eating fried mushroom and drinking some beer. It sounded awesome, but the tickets where out of our current budget.
Sounds like fun anyway! As a teenager, we used to go to Central Park NY and sit up on the rocks and drink beer and listen to the show free. Once it was The Grateful Dead. :)

I know, tickets are so much now. A friend of my daughter's volunteers at this fest, so he is getting us discount tix. Daughter has gone up to Wanee the last 3 or 4 years, this will be my first year going with them. :)