What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my favorite Christmas pop song since childhood. Got zero love for Mariah, give me this average looking, interracial band from the early 80s singing about emotional ambivalence. I'll just cover my ears and pretend she's saying Tofurky instead of turkey.

Reactions: Val

Grave. When the cello enters the scene... and distorts the harmony... I'm shivering.
Hello!🌹 I take it, you like Alfred Schnitke's works? Have you heard his famous "Concerto for choir", based on the poems of ancient armenian poet Grigor Narekatsi (Gregory of Narek)? It's a revelation!🔥
The concert (my favourite interpretation: State chamber choir of the ministry of culture of the USSR, conductor -Valery Polyansky):

Grigor Narekatsi:

• Friendly
Reactions: Gaspard
...you like Alfred Schnitke's works?

Yes. His music gives me very deep impressions.
Have you heard his famous "Concerto for choir", based on the poems of ancient armenian poet Grigor Narekatsi (Gregory of Narek)? It's a revelation!🔥
No... I'm listening to it right now and I love it.

I often listen to his penitential psalms. I'm especially fascinated by the male choir at the begining.

Yes. His music gives me very deep impressions.

No... I'm listening to it right now and I love it.

I often listen to his penitential psalms. I'm especially fascinated by the male choir at the begining.

Ooo! Those are them! "Stikhi pokayannyiye"! I love them too.🌌

Reactions: Gaspard
Grandpa huh instead of giving me the church or the bad touch, gave me a sense of self I've never outgrown. Imagine loving an old man telling you to stand up for things instead of touching your privates or making sure you blindly conformed.

"Daddy" never was, the Cadillac kind.

• Friendly
Reactions: Qwaychou and Val
One day, I'll write a book about the old man who raised me, who brought me where I am, who should have clapped at my college graduation, who defies every ugly stereotype yet confirms every pretty one, one day I'll write a book about Daddy who made me vegan just by growing vegetables and loving dogs when his relatives shot deer, who passed me through math class, who was my mother when no one else was, who is someone to shout about though literally no one knows he exists.

I have a dream.

• Friendly
Reactions: Qwaychou and Val
You are the reason I Hardline morality, the reason I'm shocked fathers rape their daughters, the reason I care to succeed or change the world, the reason I somehow maintain great righteousness as a sinner, the reason I believe I am smart and I can, the reason I can entertain good and evil at once, the reason I'm not in a gutter, the reason my cousin hates me:

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Status
Not open for further replies.