What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my roommates are out of town, I'm cleaning the house, listening to old hair metal and prepping for six people to attend my vegan Friendsgiving tomorrow. I couldn't be happier. The "kids are gone" sense of freedom and control and restoration of one's own youth is not lost on me. I think I am finally too old to live with roommates. I have lived alone or with a partner in the past, I'm just thinking in the next year give or take, no more of this.

Reactions: Qwaychou
I've been reflecting on metal for a few days, it reminds me mostly of being a tween girl, barely pubescent, kissing posters of cross-dressing straight men. My high school sweetheart, two years my senior, actually played metal. We were a strange couple because we had many things in common, except for that I never wanted to listen to him play death metal. Both our families showed us classic 🎸 rock but I felt contempt for his sub-genre. My favorite metal band is Skid Row. This song sounds like Alice in Chains, that I liked, but also like Sepulchera or Pantera, something he would have listened to. I'm honestly fine with silly Poison songs and hate Metallica. Hair metal revival = second puberty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qwaychou
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine (Piano cover)

Gamazda (Alexandra Kuznetsova)

That's a real nice piano version of that song, but that chic is not playing what's heard. The side shots show a strange shadow that just crosses the hands and not the keyboard (someone else's hands), and overhead shots showing her real hands like at the start of 1:50 and for several seconds show it's overdubbed. Not saying she can't play, or isn't playing a version of Sweet Child O' Mine on cover, just that it doesn't match for various reasons. A little video trickery was employed here.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I've posted this before. but it is so good it's worth a re-do.
Plus it was such a good movie

Are you beginning to feel festive? Maybe the cups of teas are getting more frequent, the cinnamon candles are replacing the tropical smells, and you're sneaking in the first Christmas deco pieces?

Here's a video to suit the mood :)

"Snow Falls Softly At Night" (originally titled "Leise Rieselt Der Schnee") is a German traditional song that you can find on our CHRISTMAS album we have released less than two weeks ago. It's the only song on the album that includes some lyrics in our mother tongue, so if you were ever curious what we sound like in German, now you know: :)

Don't worry, we switch to English halfway through! We hope you enjoy and as always,

stay groovy!

Mona & Lisa

Is Christmas still how it used to be ...
For many, us included, Christmas always stood for a time of magic and wonder, playtime and adventure. Born and raised there, we firmly believed in our Austrian version of Santa Claus. Instead of Father Christmas, every household gets a visit from the "Christkindl", a golden-locked, angel-like figure packing presents underneath brightly decorated Christmas trees.
We believed in elves, fairies, reindeer and magic. Somehow more things became possible when the fairy lights went up and the rooms started smelling of cinnamon and oranges.

When writing "All I Want Christmas To Be" we went back to that time ... when Christmas (at least for us kids) didn't mean stress, spending money on obligatory gifts, being pestered by cheesy commercials and trying to avoid hearing "Last Christmas" for the hundredth time.
We hope you enjoy the video we put together for the song, and if you like it, would encourage you to share it with your friends and maybe send them back down memory lane to their own childhood Christmas experiences!
We also wouldn't mind you sending it to your favourite radio station, sharing it on Social Media or adding it to the playlist of your nearest Christmas market 🙂 We would also love for you to leave a comment underneath the YouTube video or in the comments section on our website ♥

Thank you, guys and have a lovely start into the Christmas season!
Mona & Lisa

A Christmas Time SNL classic.

This retro-looking Rankin/Bass-style animation combined with a Phil Spector-esque song (sung by Darlene Love) that shows all the great things the Jews get to do while the Christians are away celebrating Christmas. [Season 31, 2005]

I was torn about posting another version of this song. Maybe one of the ones which actually have Sir Paul in it.
But those darn hats.

I am a closet Swiftie. A guilty pleasure I guess

The video includes a lot of Taylor's home movies
supposedly Taylor did grow up on a Christmas tree farm.

She tweeted, " I actually did grow up on a Christmas tree farm. In a gingerbread house, deep within the yummy gummy gumdrop forest. Where, funnily enough, this song is their national anthem. "

Status
Not open for further replies.