What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Tool fans here ?

A crowd-shot video of a song they played live several days ago has them performing a never before (studio) recorded track called "Descending". While it sounds a little contrived, and with themes & phrases throughout that are reminiscent of other tracks, this may be the first taste of their forthcoming album, after 13 YEARS since their last release. Still the same dark atmospheric and self-reflective vibe, which is a good sign. Of course, with their history of running a "Ministry of Misinformation", this whole 'Descending' track could be a great big ****-take.....

I won't post a link here to *that* song, since its not a studio release (yet?) and I'm assuming most readers aren't into Tool (and it's a pretty shabby capture and performance, one that a potential 'newbie Tool devotee' won't be won over by), so instead I'll make a fanboy-post of an earlier studio song by the band, with lyrics.

People may find that they can apply the often cryptic poetry of Maynard James Keenan to all manner of things in life :)

Yes! Negura Bunget is so good.

I don't listen to much black metal these days unless I'm feeling nostalgic....this newer Icelandic band is pretty good though.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Liekkiö or Ihtiriekko is one of the scariest mythical creatures, in my opinion (I have a fobia of dead children, damn those Japanese horror movies...). Liekkiö is a ghost of an child that was left in to the woods to die, or that was murdered and then taken to the forest. These ghost children frightens, with it's yelling and crying, the travellers bypassing the childs place of death, or grave if the child was already dead.

So Liekkiö isn't really that scary or malicious, but if I'd stumble across one of them while walking in the dark woods at night... It's just horrible, from many aspects... It's horrible, and sad that some mom's actually killed their children.

Korpiklaani has made some awesome songs about Liekkiö.

This song, for some reason, describes Liekkiö as vegancefull spirit of fire, that brings devastation and famine, to... maybe those who killed the child? Or then I have misunderstood the lyrics, since it uses some very old fashioned words that I don't know yet. So I might be wrong, maybe this isn't about the same mythological creature, after all... But I still like this song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weirdly almost as accurate today as it was 35 years ago. It's hilarious, when I was a kid I thought this was one of JB's "less deep" songs because of its upbeat pop sound (say, as compared to The Pretender or Late for the Sky, I've been a huge fan since high school even this is more my mom and dad's generation) ...but I look all around my country and I'm just like wow, change the lyric "Happy Days" to "Game of Thrones" and ....he was right on.

Reactions: Lou
Status
Not open for further replies.