What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some inspiration, for writing. I just listen to these over, and over again. The neighbors are probably plotting to kill me, heh...heh. I do try to be quiet, of course, but the walls are practically useless in this apartment.

When I first heard The Rain Comes Falling Down, I thought: "all the music I have previously heard have been s*** compared to this."
The song is still very beautiful. The singers voice, and the guitar and over all, the istruments are magnificent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! Next time something bad happens, I'm just going to say to myself, "It could be worse, I could be living next to StrangeOtter".

;)

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC and Sax
Some inspiration, for writing. I just listen to these over, and over again. The neighbors are probably plotting to kill me, heh...heh. I do try to be quiet, of course, but the walls are practically useless in this apartment.

Ha! Next time something bad happens, I'm just going to say to myself, "It could be worse, I could be living next door to StrangeOtter."

;)

Ha! Next time something bad happens, I'm just going to say to myself, "It could be worse, I could be living next door to StrangeOtter."

;)
Oh damn, I know... I know... :laughing:

But seriously, though...
If someone sneezes or does the dishes, the sound reaches the neighbors apartments.
Maybe soundproofing my appartment would be advisable.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the most powerful songs of my childhood. Because I remember it before school, in the morning. In Kindergarten or first grade. My mom was super cool, I like classic rock and New Wave because of her, we had music every morning with our oatmeal, no TV. This is one of those songs. Another is "Abracadabra" by Steve Miller Band and anything by Toto. My grandparents and mom had us programmed on classic rock. Or really easy listening elevator music. Those songs shaped my character, my values, I'll never forget how "soft" my family was - Jackson Browne, Journey, Jim Croce - my memories of my family will always be them being more sensitive than the populace.

Why were none of them veggie? Despite my uncle the runner feeding me Cream of Celery soup, such kind, nice, unassuming people...eating animals. My grandpa grew though, never killed. I noticed that uncles hunted, but grandpa farmed veggies. I got the message. Grandma let me eat cheese and eggs, only at her death did anyone insist meat. Even my ma let my nephew eat cheese pizza, she drinks almond and soy milk. My grandma and my ma = leaning veg. Me and sis = born veg. My mom even now eats a lot of black bean burgers, pots of beans, etc....she's just terrified of the removal from normative society. She's always been. She's always left it to us.

@Forest Nymph
Good stuff!! Thanks for sharing and the little personal history snippet.

A few posts above you gave us a little TSwift. I don't think i have admitted this before, but I am a secret admirer of Ms. Swift.
She uploaded a new song this week. I'm pretty sure I know who she is talking about. but that might just be wishful thinking. But her advice is pretty good advice for lots of people.

• Love
Reactions: Forest Nymph
With neither speech nor portrayals
He gazed up towards infinity's face
And as aloft the circles he rose
A sudden breath of dark forgotten dreams came true

For never had he entered the fiery gates
The mirror passage entry, to another existence... to another plane
With neither speech nor portrayals
He gazed up towards infinity's face

And as aloft the circles he rose
A sudden breath of dark forgotten dreams came true
Above the circles emerged another dream...
For no man of mortal shell could know, where or when this planet existed...

He drifted and saw stars, sweep across the sky...
He saw suns perish... he saw visions rise from emerald darkness...
And lunar moonlit seas
A thousand years and then a thousand moons...

Well, I wasn't going to post this because I already posted the "lyric video" of You Need to Calm Down. But it is such a visual treat.
I was a little disappointed that the Taylor French Fries fell in love with the Katy Perry Burger. But Katy tweeted that her burger is a no meat burger. Some OK with that.

Deadheads the world over are gearing up for another milestone celebration. And Dead.net asked for cat pictures to commemorate China Cat. This is the result.

Give this one a chance...went to see these guys years back, seems like they've done pretty well. Their live performances are better than their albums IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.