What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. that is what it is called. And I guess it's a traditional Chinese instrument. And I'm sure it's very difficult to learn with a very steep learning curve. The girl in the second video is a bit of youtube star.
Check out some of her other videos.

and now in a related thing, there is the Shamisen. A traditional Japanese instrument. I love this cover.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
@Lou
I greatly respect those with the talent and patience to practice musical instruments. I completely lack the skill while my brother plays keyboard and acoustic guitar, he also has two bands, ambient and noise.
Got it, guzheng is chinese, and shamisen is japanese instrument. Shamisen is more minimalist by nature like japanese traditional homes are, but both shamisen and guzheng sound beautiful.
Thank you for reminding me of Kubo and the Two Strings, must rewatch it someday. Unrelated topic, but personally I prefere animation movies over any other kind of movies. Old Disney for example, with it's breathtaking art. The cover song in Kubo is truly enjoyable.

I checked out Lunas' content. Currently listening to this. And loving it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lou
I wish I had found this in time for Halloween. Better late than never.
Bonus points for anyone who can recognize the lead singer. and name his former TV show.

I watched the movie Chocolat before I even knew about the books, and after reading the first book, I couldn't enjoy the movies anymore (the movie now disappoints me, for I can't shake the feeling that the book is so much better. Even though I know the movie in itself isn't badly made, there is just so many detals absent and a huge part of the storyline missing. I understand, that's how it has to be, otherwise they would have had to make two whole movies of a single book which would have been too expensive... And the accent the actors use annoy me, probably stupid of me but I can't help myself).
Now that I'm reading the second book, The Lollipop Shoes, soundrack from the movie Chocolat plays in my head all the time.

My town lit their Christmas tree on Sunday. I have been looking forward to posting this one

...if I let you in, you'll tear me apart
so just hold me, wrap me in your arms...
Little bit of angsty music is inevitable every now and then. :)

You Have to make it to the end.
And BTW what do you think of the MonaLisa Twins?

I like their covers best. Their originals are pretty good, too. Still A Friend of Mine is very Beatlesque. Their bangs are even early Beatles-like. BTW, that is their Dad on the piano.

They were the "house band" at the Cavern for a few years which is pretty good Beatles creds.

Status
Not open for further replies.