Literature What are you currently reading?

how did this guy write so many books without me (and you ) noticing.
I put Naked Came the Florida Man and Triggerfish Twist on hold.

I know! That book I read was so much fun! The main character travels all over Florida describing all kinds of history and I recognized quite a few of the locations. My town of DeLand was even in the book!

Is it best to start with City of Windows?

My library also has BloodMan. Its not a Lucas Page novel.
yes, City of Windows and then Under Pressure and there is a third Lucas Page coming in 2022

I am currently reading BloodMan and have also read Harvest.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou
I know! That book I read was so much fun! The main character travels all over Florida describing all kinds of history and I recognized quite a few of the locations. My town of DeLand was even in the book!

I have downloaded the first two of the series - I am so thankful I am part of a library system that allows us to borrow from two nearby, also large, library systems, the third one had them... :)

Emma JC

Reactions: Chryssie and Lou
I'm on book 1 of the Game of Thrones books. It's 800 pages long!
I read that before the tv show came out. I read the first one but didn't like it enough to read anymore of the books.
I hated all the bad stuff that kept happening to people in the book.
I never watched the TV show but all my friends loved it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I read all the Game of Thrones books and I have digital copies. I did watch the TV show and I liked it a lot. (mostly because of the dragons. I love dragons!)It was a very intense show!

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
If you like Dragons may I recommend the Temeraire series. At last count there are ten books in the series.
The books are a type or speculative fiction called Alternate History. In this case, what if the during the Napoleonic Wars both sides had dragons.

Reactions: Chryssie
Nina Manning - The Bridesmaid. Meh. I'm up to 44% and it's nothing special. It got really good reviews. Maybe there is a dramatic twist.

• Friendly
I am reading a non-fiction book by a man who was sentenced to life in prison without parole when he was 14 years old in 1991. This took place in Tampa, FL. The shooting victim lived and became his friend. I am almost finished with the book and it is a horrible story of a terrible criminal justice system that treats children as adults. It has brought me to tears numerous times. An enlightening and disturbing read. "My Time Will Come" by Ian Manuel.

Murder At The Piccadilly Playhouse
by C. J. Archer

Got this in E-book form from Hoopla. I think it took me two days to read it. It was lots of fun. Takes place in 1900 London.
Part 2 of the Cleopatra Fox series​

She was admired by women and desired by men, until jealousy and past secrets took center stage. Help Cleo and her friends solve the murder of one of London's leading actresses.

When a hotel guest's mistress is found dead in the stalls of the Piccadilly Playhouse, a verdict of suicide is given. Convinced his lover didn't kill herself, Lord Rumford wants the truth uncovered. Against his better judgement, he hires Cleo Fox to find the murderer. Cleo needs to solve this case if she wants to make a living from being a private detective.

But she quickly learns that the truth is buried beneath years of secrets; secrets that powerful people want desperately to keep. With the help of her friends from the Mayfair Hotel, Cleo exposes the bitter rivalry and jealousy of London's West End.

But can she find the killer before the final curtain closes on the Playhouse?

• Love
Reactions: Raven
Nina Manning - The Bridesmaid. Meh. I'm up to 44% and it's nothing special. It got really good reviews. Maybe there is a dramatic twist.
It didn't get much better. I tried to delete it from my kindle and got a refund luckily. Only 99p. I started reading another one of hers I bought and that wasn't great either. I deleted that and then deleted another by Lucy Clarke. I am going through my kindle and deleting anything I'm not interested in.

I am also making my way through the Malory Towers books. They are books written by Enid Blyton about a boarding school for girls set in Cornwall, England. I read those books as a kid and I am enjoying reading them again. :)

Reactions: Chryssie
yes, City of Windows and then Under Pressure and there is a third Lucas Page coming in 2022

I am currently reading BloodMan and have also read Harvest.

Emma JC

I finished Bloodman and it took days.... because it was a tough read (somewhat unpleasant) and not for the faint of heart - I like the Lucas Page books a lot more.

It didn't get much better. I tried to delete it from my kindle and got a refund luckily. Only 99p. I started reading another one of hers I bought and that wasn't great either. I deleted that and then deleted another by Lucy Clarke. I am going through my kindle and deleting anything I'm not interested in.

I am also making my way through the Malory Towers books. They are books written by Enid Blyton about a boarding school for girls set in Cornwall, England. I read those books as a kid and I am enjoying reading them again. :)
I LOVED Enid Blyton and was basically weaned on her books, lol. I always wanted to run away and live in a cave.... I still do, lol.

Emma JC

• Love
I LOVED Enid Blyton and was basically weaned on her books, lol. I always wanted to run away and live in a cave.... I still do, lol.

Emma JC
I'm up to the 4th form year at Malory Towers now.

At the back of the first book they listed her other books. I had forgotten about some of them. I'm tempted to read them after.

I'm up to the 4th form year at Malory Towers now.

At the back of the first book they listed her other books. I had forgotten about some of them. I'm tempted to read them after.

I went and looked on my library ebook availability and have downloaded The Secret Series and they also have two of the "Five" series including Five on a Treasure Island and Fiver Run Away Together. Revisiting my childhood, what fun!

Emma JC

I went and looked on my library ebook availability and have downloaded The Secret Series and they also have two of the "Five" series including Five on a Treasure Island and Fiver Run Away Together. Revisiting my childhood, what fun!

Emma JC
I've never heard of these books.
Are these like the British version of Ramona? Or Nancy Drew?

Just googled it. There is a TV series

An all girls boarding school. Oh, its like St Trinians?

Last edited:
A Darker Shade of Magic
By VE Schwab

I liked The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue so much I checked to see what else the author wrote. She has written a lot of stuff but the first thing I could find was A Darker Shade of Magic. This is a regular kind of fantasy. Kings and castles, magicians and thieves.
I just finished it and discovered that it part of a trilogy. I've already downloaded the second one.
BTW, I thought it was great. A very interesting fantasy world and a couple of memorable characters.

I only have 27 books left on my kindle, which sounds like a lot, but it isn't considering how many I have had in the past. Next up for me is The Next Wife - Kaira Rouda.