Literature What are you currently reading?

Any other Wayne Dyer fans here?
I read Your Erroneous Zones when I was in college. (it had just come out and everyone was talking about it.)
I think everyone really liked it. But I could't get into it and didn't even finish it.

But that was 20 old me. that guy was an idiot. I wonder if I should try it again.

I read Your Erroneous Zones when I was in college. (it had just come out and everyone was talking about it.)
I think everyone really liked it. But I could't get into it and didn't even finish it.

But that was 20 old me. that guy was an idiot. I wonder if I should try it again.
It might be well worth giving it another try. Our perspectives and priorities change so much as we age.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Some time ago I read The Walking Dead novel Rise of The Governor and I seriously thought that I had toughened up, because mostly anything that happened in the book didn't faze me. So, I thought that from now on I'll start reading horror books and after finishing the novel I picked up Little Star (Lilla stjärna) by John Ajvide Lindqvist. I didn't get very far. And I'm mentally scarred for life.
Horror/violence is not my thing after all. I'm still an pathetic wuss like always. The Walking Dead was probably just written in a way that didn't spark my interest.
Then I found new book from one of my favourite authors, Joanne Harris. She has written Chocolat, for example. The book that I'm currently reading is Blueeyedboy.
Other book that I'm also reading is Kullervo by J.R.R. Tolkien, but it's in english and the text is kinda cryptic. But I like that. I sort of understand what is happening in the story and the story of Kullervo is pretty cool.

I found another Florida author! Her name is Heather Graham and she has written many best selling books but I had never read any of them until now. I found her newest one called "Crimson Summer" at the Deltona library. I think there is a series about the main characters. One is a woman FDLE (Florida Department of Law Enforcement) officer and the other is a FBI agent. They are a couple. The story was about some horrific murders in Key West, NYC, and Chicago. Lots of interesting characters and pretty straightforward crime solving. Decent read and I will read more of her novels.

cool, an author with lots of books....... love it - I have downloaded the prequel to Crimson Summer which I think is Danger in Numbers and put a Hold on Crimson Summer - have downloaded a couple of her others and look forward to reading them - she looks like she might write like Jayne Anne Krentz / Amanda Quick with lots of different topics and genres

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou and Chryssie
I went to a Wellness Fair yesterday and picked up 2 Wayne Dyer books. One was "Wishes Fulfilled". I used to own a copy of this years ago, and gave it away. I wish I didn't - so very glad I found it again. And also "Manifest Your Destiny".

I'm really struggling lately in some areas of my life, and I'm hoping that these books will help me to manifest and create a better future for myself.

Any other Wayne Dyer fans here?

I have been a huge Wayne Dyer fans for most of the past 40 years and have seen him in person at least twice and mourned his passing as a bright light went out in the world - he was very human and yet very inspiring in his teachings - I think of him so often as he taught me to send out joy and peace when I saw others in difficult positions like an accident on the road, a flat tire, a personal tragedy etc. It has become one of the best habits in my life. I have read/owned every one of his books and cherish them all. Change Your Thoughts Change Your Life is one that you may get inspiration from and also Your Erroneous Zones. There are some youtube videos available.

namaste
Emma JC

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Then I found new book from one of my favourite authors, Joanne Harris. She has written Chocolat, for example. The book that I'm currently reading is Blueeyedboy.

wow, now I have so many books on order from the library and downloaded onto my phone..... let's hope it isn't a busy week... read or make money, hmmmmm

Emma JC

wow, now I have so many books on order from the library and downloaded onto my phone..... let's hope it isn't a busy week... read or make money, hmmmmm

Emma JC
I'm glad you found new interesting books.
Money is something that eventually doesn't have a value and can be stolen.
Reading and gaining knowledge is priceless and something that no one can take away from you. :)

• Agree
Just finished a six book series on audible by Rosie Clark…the Harpers Emporium series. Set in the early 1900’s, world war 1 and womens’s rights. It was really good but they switched narrators for books 3, 4, and 5 and she was awful. Almost ruined it for me. Thankfully they got the original narrator back for the last one. I wonder if they read the reviews…a lot of them mentioned how bad the alternate narrator was.

• Informative
I finished "Still Life" by Louise Penny. It is the first in a series of books about Chief Inspector Gamache of the Surete du Quebec (which I assume means the police as I don't speak French). There is a suspicious death in a small town not far from Montreal and the Chief and his team are on the case. I really enjoyed this book and will find more in the series. I learned about Canada too and there is quite a bit of French sprinkled through the book.

I finished "Still Life" by Louise Penny. It is the first in a series of books about Chief Inspector Gamache of the Surete du Quebec (which I assume means the police as I don't speak French). There is a suspicious death in a small town not far from Montreal and the Chief and his team are on the case. I really enjoyed this book and will find more in the series. I learned about Canada too and there is quite a bit of French sprinkled through the book.

you are going to love this series, I just read the latest one and have read them all - lots of very interesting characters and locations - being Canadian makes it even more interesting for me

finished Danger in Numbers and Crimson Summer is waiting for me at the library - I enjoyed the first one very much so thank you again for the recommendation

Emma JC

Reactions: HappyRoxy
I always think I don’t like mysteries but I’m listening to The Lighthouse and it’s really good. It’s not a whodunit type of story. More mystical but there is a mystery to be solved. Not a murder. Maybe that’s why I like it. I’m almost done with it. I hate when good books are over. I think that’s why I love series so much. I don’t think this one is a series…I have to check. But I will definitely check out other books by the author.

Wahhhh…he doesn’t have any more books…unless you count beating the SAT or Mastering the compTIA. I don‘t. Lol.

He did co-write a book called Change They Can’t Believe In which is about the tea party but not sure I want to get into that.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
you are going to love this series, I just read the latest one and have read them all - lots of very interesting characters and locations - being Canadian makes it even more interesting for me

finished Danger in Numbers and Crimson Summer is waiting for me at the library - I enjoyed the first one very much so thank you again for the recommendation

Emma JC
I am looking forward to reading more of Ms Penny's books! My volunteer partner said she really likes them too! I just picked up Danger in Numbers so I will be reading that soon.

Reactions: Emma JC
It is very interesting to be reading Chocolat after having seen the movie a couple of times - I really don't remember, from the movies, all the things that happen in the book.

Emma JC
The book and the movie are almost completely different. There is a lot more witchy and paranormal stuff in the books. And also about the origins of the characters. It's actually a book series. Next is The Lollipop Shoes and then there is Peaches for Monsieur le Curé.

• Informative
Just finished "Danger in Numbers" by Heather Graham. It was good and of course was the background of the other book I read. I now am looking forward to book three in this series. I will start another of her many series when I find it at the library. A book I started reading the other day has not "grabbed" me and I have put it aside for now. I don't know if I will go back to it or not though I hate not finishing a book!

I just finished When the Morning Glory Blooms. I didn’t love it but it was a good story.

Just finished "Danger in Numbers" by Heather Graham. It was good and of course was the background of the other book I read. I now am looking forward to book three in this series. I will start another of her many series when I find it at the library. A book I started reading the other day has not "grabbed" me and I have put it aside for now. I don't know if I will go back to it or not though I hate not finishing a book!

I am now reading Crimson Summer as a regular book and her Phantom Evil on my phone.

I used to always read every book, I have stopped doing that. If it doesn't grab me... out it goes. I have a stack of your recommendations sitting in front of me and more on my phone.

Emma JC

I am charging my kindle as I want to read this week.

After watching Jurassic World and Jurassic Park the other day I read that there are more books associated with the films. I only read the Michael Crichton books so I might look to see if any of the others got good reviews.

I read another Doc Ford book and this one was my favorite so far. "Bone Deep" is about the illegal trade in fossils and artifacts. I had no idea this was a huge deal right here in Florida! It also has an elephant in it which was pretty cool.