What are the 3 V's for non meat eaters?

Bold

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
What are the three V's for non meat eaters... Vegetarian, Vegan and ???

I can figure out the third one but I do know the is 3 form of no meat eaters.

Thanks

Thanks
I have no idea what you're looking for-where are getting the three 'v's?

Where on earth did you get this idea of 3 V's? I have never heard of it.

A while back someone proposed Vegan-tarian. it never really caught on. Probably cause auto correct makes it impossible to type.

oh look. its in the urban dictionary

vegantarian
a vegetarian with vegan tendencies
"I'm a vegetarian, but i refuse to eat cheese and drink milk among other. I guess that would make me a vegantarian."

Hmm. Well that is the def for a Strict Vegetarian. I thought a Vegan-tarian was someone who was mostly vegan.

Reactions: FlandersOD
"mostly vegan" works too. you don't have to be heavy on milk and eggs just because you're vegetarian.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom L.
A while back someone proposed Vegan-tarian. it never really caught on. Probably cause auto correct makes it impossible to type.

oh look. its in the urban dictionary

vegantarian
a vegetarian with vegan tendencies
"I'm a vegetarian, but i refuse to eat cheese and drink milk among other. I guess that would make me a vegantarian."

Hmm. Well that is the def for a Strict Vegetarian. I thought a Vegan-tarian was someone who was mostly vegan.
Sounds kinda silly though.
I went through a time of excluding straight up dairy and eggs, but wasn't so strict on avoiding their role as ingredients in packaged goods.
I mostly say mostly vegan

Does it have to be a “V” word? I believe that kindness is the essence of humanity and the hallmark of civilization and so I strive to be a secular Buddhist. I consider that kindness applies to all beings. This makes me a vegan by default, but I also try to avoid palm oil and to practice environminimalism. I am finding that more and more people are understanding the restrictions of a vegan diet so that designation works well for me (though I am unhappy that some vegan foods are sticking to the use of palm oil and probably practicing other non-environmental business activities).

Veni, vidi, vici...? Nope. That was Caesar... :p

I think the third category would be "Pescetarian"... which isn't vegetarian and doesn't start with a "p", but even today (or at least until recent historic times), lots of people still thought/think vegetarians eat fish.

Maybe you're thinking of "Strict Vegetarian"? That's someone who does not eat anything of animal origin, but still isn't "vegan" because veganism involves the avoidance of other things besides food.

Reactions: FlandersOD
There is a cookbook that combines the Mediterranean diet with the Vegan diet. It's called

The Vegiterranean Diet

But before you guys dismiss the word, the book is by a good author, Julieanna Hever

I think I'm going to check it out of the library.
I'd have rolled my eyes on that if you didn't say Julieanna Hever :rofl:
Actually makes a lot of sense as so much attention as a healthy diet, but as Greger says, it's in spite of having meat in it, but wins for being so high in fruit veg and legumes.
I'll look that up! :grinning:

Reactions: Lou
I'd have rolled my eyes on that if you didn't say Julieanna Hever :rofl:
its actually kind of funny but I think it's a good sign. that there are all these "brands" of vegan diets.
In some ways its just a way to sell more books but I still think its kind of neat that there is room for all these niche diets
So now there are 4 Vs.
Vegetarian
Vegan
Vegantarian
and
Vegiterranean.

People may have to turn off auto correct to type those.