Spirituality What are God's motivations?

Love

Aside from that, the word motivation doesn't make sense in terms of my version of God. It would be like asking, "What is the ocean's motivation?"

I agree that this doesn't make sense. It seems contradictory.

However, the Bible was written by humans, and in a different, less enlightened time. So while they thought God was angry, he really wasn't. When he killed all those sinners, homosexuals etc in Sodoma and Gomorrah, he wasn't a bit angry, he was just making an example and helping future generations make the right decisions ... Or is there another way to interpret this?

what about all the anti-Veg*n stuff that is out on the net; do you believe that, as well?

So, in your view, god is a non sentient entity, such as the the embodiment of nature?

Right. "Motivation" and "sentience" are human concepts and traits. They don't apply to what I consider to be God. My God is indifferent to the day-t0-day events experienced by humans. God is part of us and vice versa but I don't think God seeks to influence us or the outcome of Earthly events. We desperately want to assign human traits to God as a way to get our minds to understand it. If anything, I'm probably closest to Zen Bhuddist. The best to find God is to not seek it out, for it is part of every routine daily task we perform, every grain of sand, every molecule and even the spaces between. I won't find it in a church and it does not care whether I attend or not.