We're adopting!

MorellaRat

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi everyone,
Sorry for being quiet for a few days but my husband and I decided to start the first pre stages of the adoption process, really excited!
Has anyone else on here adopted? I'm very glad to say I mentioned we were vegan immediately and they've had no issues with it whatsoever.

Hi everyone,
Sorry for being quiet for a few days but my husband and I decided to start the first pre stages of the adoption process, really excited!
Has anyone else on here adopted? I'm very glad to say I mentioned we were vegan immediately and they've had no issues with it whatsoever.
How exciting for you! 😍

I can imagine! My cousin, USA, adopted a baby from Russia 23 years ago. It was definitely an experience, particularly because of the out of country factor. It took about a year. I think he was around 14 months when she finally brought him home. But all went well. The waiting was the hardest but it was so worth it.

Oh, how exciting!

I don't have any experience at all, so let us know how everything goes.

Congratulations! I hope it is all wonderful for everyone involved. Parenting is the toughest job I ever loved. It's such a gift to have children to raise. It's a gift for the child to be wanted.

Did you know that in the US, you can adopt an adult? (I'm not suggesting it for you.) I am very close to a friend for years and years, and I always wondered if I could adopt her. The answer is yes, but I'm not sure she'd want to be adopted. :joy:
My son in law is adopted but we rarely ever tell anyone, since it's no different than giving birth to your own. It's neither better than or lesser than children born to the marriage. The parent and child have a sacred bond of love and trust.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mikkel