West Viva La Vegan opens in Santa Monica

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Viva La Vegan (Vegan grocery store) just opened a second store in Santa Monica. Their first one is in Rancho Cucamonga. They plan to have a grand opening as soon as they are fully stocked.

They are located at 2723 Ocean Park Blvd in Santa Monica, 9am-9pm, Mon-Sun.

Wow! Great! :up: I haven't seen anything in the local news, so I didn't even know about it. Thanks for posting! :)

Any chance it could go nation wide?

I couldn't imagine an entire grocery store filled with vegan items.Especially,a large one.We have health food stores here but everything is pretty expensive and I don't tend to like the atmosphere.

Any chance it could go nation wide?

I couldn't imagine an entire grocery store filled with vegan items.Especially,a large one.We have health food stores here but everything is pretty expensive and I don't tend to like the atmosphere.

I think they would eventually like to open stores everywhere, but it's a matter of getting the funding to do so.

They are a little pricey, similar to Whole Foods or health foods stores, but they do sometimes have pretty good specials and a nice clearance section. It is really nice knowing you can just buy anything off the shelf without having to read the label, but I still do out of habit. :p

I've been to the store in Rancho Cucamonga. They were still getting off the ground, but yes, it was nice knowing that anything I grabbed off the shelf would be vegan and I didn't have to go hunting around for stuff. I think they said they had been at another location so this is actually their third attempt. I think it's a great location. I used to live in that neighborhood, they should do well. Lots of vegan restaurants popping up on the west side. I wish them all the success possible. Please stop by and support them if you are in the area. It's about 5 miles north of LAX if you're visiting.

Reactions: PTree15
I definitely plan to check 'em out, give them a little moral support, and buy a few things to help them out. :)

The owners are really good people. They let the IE Vegan Meetup group hold fundraisers there. Even though they sell baked goods, they let the vegan group hold a bake sale during the worldwide vegan bake sale event and I think they even donated items for it. They also let the group hold a monthly supper club potluck there.

This is what they posted about opening more stores:
We are expanding, This is just a small express store (Santa Monica). We will see how this store does and then we will start opening more in LA and Orange County, then the rest of the world. Please be patient with us, we are still a little company. Thanks

If you would like to follow them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VivaLaVeganGrocery

Reactions: thefadedone
My husband and I just visited the Rancho Cucamonga Viva La Vegan this past weekend. What an experience. We drove over 90 miles to check it out - no regrets. Can't wait to go back. The prices were lower than what we pay in our local stores. I would kill for this place to be nearby.

A friend of mine wanted to see a few photos of the place, so I'll share them here too!

The 5th photo shows some of the goods we got (we brought a cooler in preparation for the drive home)... honourable mentions go to:

- Earth Balance vegan aged white cheddar popcorn. It's insane, probably my new favourite snack-like thing (and no palm oil!)
- Field Roast Celebration Roast (just made this the other day for thanksgiving!) - and the Field Roast deli slices are the bomb. These weren't new to us.
- Jackfruit - we can't find that ANYWHERE. Got like, 5 cans of it.
- Peppered "soy steak" jerky. We demolished that bag. Wish we got more. :<
- Rising Moon organic Mediterranean garlic & herbs ravioli. We had this for dinner last night; just lightly tossed them with olive oil, fresh dill & chives. SO GOOD. Can't wait to try the artichoke & olive one!
- Gardein chik'n patties. Goddamn it, I love Gardein.

We will be trying the french toast mix & Upton's Naturals bacon seitan this Saturday morning. :)

vlv1.jpg vlv2.jpg vlv3.jpg vlv4.jpg vlv5.jpg

:D
My husband and I just visited the Rancho Cucamonga Viva La Vegan this past weekend. What an experience. We drove over 90 miles to check it out - no regrets. Can't wait to go back. The prices were lower than what we pay in our local stores. I would kill for this place to be nearby.

A friend of mine wanted to see a few photos of the place, so I'll share them here too!

The 5th photo shows some of the goods we got (we brought a cooler in preparation for the drive home)... honourable mentions go to:

- Earth Balance vegan aged white cheddar popcorn. It's insane, probably my new favourite snack-like thing (and no palm oil!)
- Field Roast Celebration Roast (just made this the other day for thanksgiving!) - and the Field Roast deli slices are the bomb. These weren't new to us.
- Jackfruit - we can't find that ANYWHERE. Got like, 5 cans of it.
- Peppered "soy steak" jerky. We demolished that bag. Wish we got more. :<
- Rising Moon organic Mediterranean garlic & herbs ravioli. We had this for dinner last night; just lightly tossed them with olive oil, fresh dill & chives. SO GOOD. Can't wait to try the artichoke & olive one!
- Gardein chik'n patties. Goddamn it, I love Gardein.

We will be trying the french toast mix & Upton's Naturals bacon seitan this Saturday morning. :)

View attachment 3590 View attachment 3591 View attachment 3592 View attachment 3593 View attachment 3594

Oh, I could set up home here.

Reactions: CrowCaw
They don't have it yet. The votes just qualify them to be considered for the grant.

I'm planning to spend a day at Victoria Gardens at Rancho Cucamonga so will make a point of going to the store. I see that they have Gardein.

I wonder what other goodies will I be able to buy there ?