West New Vegan Restaurant in Santa Monica, CA

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
An email from Happycow.net

In case you haven't already heard, we have a new vegan spot in Santa Monica. It's just near the pier, on Olympic between Ocean and Main.

They have a message to share with you...

divider_green.png

Greetings!

We are pleased to announce the opening of our new restaurant eLOVate Vegan Kitchen and Bar! Head chef Roberto Martin, former personal chef for celebrities such as Ellen DeGeneres and Tom Cruise among others, has captivated vegans and non-vegans alike by creating 100% organic dishes that appeal everyone.

Need to host a company event (holiday party, catered event, employee appreciation dinner)? Our venue can host up 110 seated, 200 standing, and is equipped with a full bar. We cater for lunch and dinner, and serve small plates during happy hour from 4:30pm-6:30pm!

Don't want to cook for Thanksgiving? Check out our family style meal to go! http://www.elovatekitchen.com/thanksliving-celebration/

Come in and eat and let us treat you to a complimentary dessert- our famous coconut magic bar! Tell us you saw this on HappyCow! Hope to see you soon.

elovate.jpg

Hope to see you soon!

Jenny Seversen
Events & Marketing Coordinator

divider_green.png

Best, Eric & TeamCow
HappyCow's Healthy Eating Guide
www.happycow.net

So it looks like my abundance of vegan riches just got richer. Another vegan place to try!

Reactions: PTree15
Looks cool! Although Roberto Martin is not my favorite chef (I have "Vegan Cooking for Omnivores" and I think he relies on too many processed foods), I'm sure his style will appeal to a wide audience.

When are you going so we can have a real review?:)

Has anyone been here yet? I'm visiting LA in March and looking for places to eat. So far I have made a reservation at Crossroads Café in West Hollywood and (in addition to Elovate if it gets a nod here) I'm looking at Doomie's Home Cooking, Veggie Grill, Loco'l and Trejo's Tacos.

I'm also going out hiking in the Sedona area and will stop in Phoenix, so will welcome any advice in those places too.

I'm happy to recommend or review vegan restaurants in NYC for anyone who will be visiting here.

If you're going to be in Santa Monica there are lots of choices besides Elovate, which I haven't tried yet. Maybe I'll visit that place for my birthday since it's a fancy place. But the other options I'm familiar with and recommend are Real Food Daily, Native Foods, and Golden Mean Cafe, all with strict vegan menus. The Native Foods menu is similar to the Veggie Grill menu, so don't worry if you can't try both if you don't have the time for both.

There is also Fresh Brothers if you want vegan pizza. They have a vegan tenders appetizer and use Daiya for the vegan pizza if you ask.