Vegetarian curry - recipe wanted!

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Apparently "vegetarian curry" is something a lot of people google for, but it doesn't seem like VV has a recipe for it yet! Does anyone have one to share? If so, please post it in the recipe section!

Wish I could help but my curry cooking skills involve:
Finding a vegan curry sauce in a jar...opening jar and pouring over vegan chicken and/or veggies.

:oops:

Reactions: AeryFairy
Usually it's just garbanzos, cauliflower, spinach, a can of tomatoes, over rice-- with curry powder to taste.

Usually it's just garbanzos, cauliflower, spinach, a can of tomatoes, over rice-- with curry powder to taste.

I found the trick to get the strongest curry flavor is to add the curry powder in while stir frying the onions and garlic, then adding the other ingredients. Also some people stir fry the coriander seeds in directly, but that never worked for me.

I found the trick to get the strongest curry flavor is to add the curry powder in while stir frying the onions and garlic, then adding the other ingredients. Also some people stir fry the coriander seeds in directly, but that never worked for me.

That is the way to do it BC. You should always toast spices to bring out their flavour. I also had some microplaned fresh ginger just before frying the curry powder. Good curry powder is also an essentiel element.